This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Is there a trick to get better items and furniture?

User Info: Tony_Pastrami

Tony_Pastrami
4 weeks ago#1
This is my first AC game. I really like the concept and I’ve been having a lot of fun terraforming my island, planting flowers, making spaces with the path feature, fishing, and bug hunting. There seems to be one enormous flaw though: all of the furniture and items are terrible. The only DIY furniture options I have are blocky wood, some crappy diner set, and rattan. And the items you can buy are so dumb. Nooks Cranny has crap like gasoline cans, shuffled papers, spice racks, just dumb pointless stuff that I get makes up a lot of interesting detail but there are no cool “main” items. The ATM has the same DIY recipes for sale every day too.

Do I need to buy a certain amount of things or upgrade my house/island to a certain rating to start getting good items for sale and DIY’s? I want to keep playing the game but its really disappointing to keep seeing the same stupid crap for sale and its hard to stay motivated without something to work towards.

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
4 weeks ago#2
You get new items and furniture randomly from the Nook shop, a few days not the DIYs but the shopping application at the ATM will have new things as well.

The next place to get items would be from balloons and trees. You will see 2 a day from your own island when you shake trees (careful as there's 5 wasps out there too so bring a net).

The next place to get items of course is other people's shops or from other people they're willing to sell to you. This last one I personally don't do really.

For DIYs, your best bet are what villagers in your town are making. They make 3 a day every 3 or 4 hours after you log in. Sometimes it will be repeats and sometimes it will be new. Once again another way to rush this is to see if people online have their villagers making stuff you want and ask them to come over to get that DIY.

Another way for DIYs would be bottles that wash up on shore once a day for your character. You can also get 1 or more from mystery island trips, but they're not guaranteed.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Is there a trick to get better items and furniture?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A