This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Scorpion wins....FATALITY!!

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
3 weeks ago#1
I'm honestly getting pretty annoyed at these 8 legged little pests. I've seen probably a dozen so far, but no matter how I go about trying to catch one, I always end up taking a nap on the ground.
Back in New Leaf I just sort of walked up to the first scorpion I saw, swung my net and caught it.

Is there some kind of trick to scorpion wrangling?
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: samurai bandit

samurai bandit
3 weeks ago#2
When they go in alert mode (raise their arms/tails), stop moving. Once they put their defenses down continue walking slowly towards them and repeat. Same trick for tarantulas.
Go and watch Ef ~ A tale of memories now!

User Info: Videogamer234

Videogamer234
3 weeks ago#3
Whenever it rears up, stop moving and wait for it to go back down. As long as you have your net ready and are moving slowly, you can get close to it and it will not attack doing this.

User Info: silentgrace7

silentgrace7
3 weeks ago#4
You either have to have the patience to follow the steps above, or you have to get really good at catching their attention, running away while ducking and weaving between items/trees to help increase the distance, and then steadying yourself to release your net when it’s two paces away from you xD

(I used the patient method for all of tarantula season, and have been too impatient to do it for the scorpions, so I had to make due...)

User Info: PsychoWolfX

PsychoWolfX
3 weeks ago#5
Thanks for the advice guys. At least now I have a plan of attack other than charging in swinging my net around like a idiot.
Love conquers everything ... except knives, swords, axes, guns, spears, fists, rocks, strong gusts of wind, and/or dangerous wild animals.

User Info: Goingghost88

Goingghost88
3 weeks ago#6
If you’re actively trying to catch scorpions, dig a “L” shape in the ground by digging a bunch of holes. Like do 10x5 holes to for a L shape. When a scorpion starts running after you, run in circles until you have a good distance between you and the scorpion. The trick is to get the holes between you and the scorpion cause then the scorpion can’t get to you and it will just start doing small circles in place. Once you’re safe, just take out your net and catch the scorpion from the opposite side from the scorpion.

A little side tip, scorpions won’t chase after you if you don’t have your net equipped. So walk around without the net so they don’t randomly ambush you and take you by surprise lol.

User Info: GRTooCool

GRTooCool
3 weeks ago#7
Thankfully I got a Scorpion on my 4th try. The problem I have is that it ONLY shows up when you run around without a net in hand. When I'm prepared for it, it never ever shows up.

So when I see it, I'm usually "dead" due to the ambush. Or sometimes when I hold my net up, the trees and whatnot are blocking it so I lose track of it.

I still haven't caught a Tarantula yet since it doesn't show up anymore in the summer time I believe.
Gamefreak used CUT! It hurt itself in its confusion!

User Info: Yakra88

Yakra88
3 weeks ago#8
samurai bandit posted...
When they go in alert mode (raise their arms/tails), stop moving. Once they put their defenses down continue walking slowly towards them and repeat. Same trick for tarantulas.
Tarantulas are easier since you can just walk right up to them and swing your net as soon as they jump.
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.

User Info: Xanthous

Xanthous
3 weeks ago#9
It was so awesome when I finally managed to get one midchase after many, many unsuccessful attempts. It was just like Dark Souls but mixed with Outlast... No? Okay, I'll see myself out now

User Info: Murasaki

Murasaki
3 weeks ago#10
The ones that get me are the stalkers outside my house or Nook's when I had my net equipped before going in. No chance to avoid them, no time to stop and wait. Little sneaky bastidges.

I've caught lots when specifically tarantula/scorpion hunting and made gobs of bells so the home revenge attacks are warranted. Still annoying unless I *wanted* to go home anyway. lol
~*~Resistance~*
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Scorpion wins....FATALITY!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A