This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Personal opinion time: tools breaking makes the game 10x less fun

User Info: DirtBasedSoap

DirtBasedSoap
3 weeks ago#1
it adds literally nothing to the game other than annoying tedium
Every man with a microphone thinks he can tell you what he loves the most

User Info: Elmdor043

Elmdor043
3 weeks ago#2
I wouldn't hate it so much if you could craft them on the go, without lenghty animations, and if they shared common incredients instead of me needing to carry 3 woods, branches, iron, and sometimes rocks.

User Info: jubal117

jubal117
3 weeks ago#3
10x less fun is a little harsh. I admit it's a stupid mechanic and shouldnt have ever been included.
SW-5336-6560-4422
Jubal117 Nintendo ID, Jubal17 PSN

User Info: Mothership1953

Mothership1953
3 weeks ago#4
It IS annoying but I make it tolerable by carrying with me everything needed to craft replacements with.
FC 0018 6145 4322 IGN is Natalie

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
3 weeks ago#5
I agree with your opinion.
Want to know why diving became my #1 fave activity now?

Nothing breaks.

Mothership1953 posted...
It IS annoying but I make it tolerable by carrying with me everything needed to craft replacements with.
That helps with the 10x less fun for me as all that crap is taking up inventory space I could use for other things.

Which Diving doesn't take up space except 2 when you take them off (and that's only if you're like me and wear a snorkel. You don't have to meaning technically only one spot).
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
3 weeks ago#6
I had so much fun getting enough points for all the items during the fishing and bug tournaments. Mainly because my rods and nets never broke.

I agree, breaking tools is dumb. If they really wanted a sense of progression with tools (i.e. flimsy -> regular -> gold) they could have easily just had the tools affect what you get as drops, rather than having them break at different stages. At the very least, golden tools shouldn't break.

My advice to somewhat mitigate this problem is to just carry around a DIY bench and a stack of customization kits. Just customize the tools when they're about to break so you don't have to craft a new one, it resets the durability to max. Unfortunately you can't do this with axes.

X_Ayumi_X posted...
I agree with your opinion.
Want to know why diving became my #1 fave activity now?

Nothing breaks.
I thought the same thing the other day. There's no doubt in my mind they're gonna nerf diving somehow in the next update, whether it's by making the creatures sell for less or giving diving suits durability. Can't have people earning bells too quickly after all 🙄
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | Xbox One X | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
3 weeks ago#7
Ever since botw they been obsessed with breakable gear for some reason.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

User Info: JEWJUBUG

JEWJUBUG
3 weeks ago#8
I know how in pretty much every hame they add something that is not im the next, I sort of hope that breakable tools is the thing that they only added for this one game and remove in to be honest.. I don't know if they would though. (And I am not really ready for a new game anyway yet, just personally. But imagining for much later.) I also hope they add tools that aren't breakable in this game since the gold ones can break.
https://youtu.be/7w-icAETkMM
I changed the link but... no one noticed

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
3 weeks ago#9
It’s annoying, but I don’t mind it all that much since the game is built around it.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
3 weeks ago#10
monkyby87 posted...
It’s annoying, but I don’t mind it all that much since the game is built around it.
When you're in the middle of digging up your fossils for the day and your shovel breaks... you're telling me you don't audibly sigh and roll your eyes? I do it everytime. It's an inconvenience and it's not fun
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | Xbox One X | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Personal opinion time: tools breaking makes the game 10x less fun
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A