This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Really want to continue loving this game but

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
3 weeks ago#11
Feels like most of the new players left months ago. Obviously not all, but most.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: MotaroRIP619

MotaroRIP619
3 weeks ago#12
The new fish and bugs each month, my wife playing helps a lot and I love the game. I joined a group on here that is helping me fill my wish list. Not even close to bored yet tbh. We also cycle villagers regularly after getting their pics which is fun.
Animal Crossing: Robby from Colevasse
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/catalog/acnh/MotaroRIP619 - wishlist

User Info: Boxel

Boxel
3 weeks ago#13
If you're bored, play something else.

For me, all I do is mine the rocks (they're all close so it's easier), collect my daily Nook Miles, dig up my 4 fossils, dive for a scallop, check Nook Shopping and Cranny, and pick up my DIY from the beach.

If there's a special visitor I interact with them.

Doesn't take long honestly.

User Info: darealest47

darealest47
3 weeks ago#14
for me these games are only as good as your imagination

try making up storylines for your villagers or something

or you can become a 'worker' and do various requests from other players

or make an effort on completing the museum

etc.
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec

User Info: residentbowers

residentbowers
3 weeks ago#15
The last few days I've been messing with the different stereos. Adding songs to certain sections of my island and trying to figure out which stereos I like best and how best to integrate them into each sections aesthetic.

User Info: billwalton

billwalton
3 weeks ago#16
I've started time travelling. There's no serious penalty for it in this game, so why not. I want to swap out half of my villagers and I have no desire to wait 75 days to do that.

User Info: JadePinecone

JadePinecone
3 weeks ago#17
I've only had the game for six days and I'm already bored out of my mind with it. It feels like there's literally nothing to do in this game unless I want to go picking weeds or some other pointless mundane task like fishing or chopping wood. Sure, I'll build a home for a villager occasionally, or upgrade the museum or whatever, but even that isn't really me doing anything outside of waiting a day in real time for it to do it itself. I don't think I understand this game. I log in every day and play for no longer than an hour, at most, and I feel like I've already done everything worthwhile I can do for the day (and I use the term "worthwhile" loosely)

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
3 weeks ago#18
JadePinecone posted...
I've only had the game for six days and I'm already bored out of my mind with it. It feels like there's literally nothing to do in this game unless I want to go picking weeds or some other pointless mundane task like fishing or chopping wood. Sure, I'll build a home for a villager occasionally, or upgrade the museum or whatever, but even that isn't really me doing anything outside of waiting a day in real time for it to do it itself. I don't think I understand this game. I log in every day and play for no longer than an hour, at most, and I feel like I've already done everything worthwhile I can do for the day (and I use the term "worthwhile" loosely)

Honestly it's meant to be that way. That is a really bad intro set up they've done.

The 1st 7 days is torturous. You get the same f***ing music day in and day out, you're on mostly a small patch until you get the power pole and the ladder (unless someone is nice enough to give it to you before then), you're limited on what you can donate to Nook or Blathers before they close up and upgrade the museum, the shop isn't there yet so you have small list of what you can buy and then you have to wait until the shop comes up.

The 1st week was driving me insane (mostly because I couldn't take that music anymore) and it was a breath of fresh air the next week onward. I haven't raged at the game as much since the 1st week is over.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: monkyby87

monkyby87
3 weeks ago#19
JadePinecone posted...
No, you don’t seem to understand or appreciate the game. Which is ok. Not everyone will.
3DS FC: 5344-0417-6988

User Info: JadePinecone

JadePinecone
3 weeks ago#20
monkyby87 posted...
No, you don’t seem to understand or appreciate the game. Which is ok. Not everyone will.

Well, what exactly is there to do besides what I've already been doing? I bought the game, so naturally I want to enjoy it, but I literally do not see the fun in spending less than an hour on a game each day, and only doing things like gathering resources during that entire time. There doesn't appear to be much of a "game" to appreciate so far, so any insight would be welcome.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Really want to continue loving this game but
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A