This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Did anyone have a glitch where no special visitor appeared?

User Info: jadon7

jadon7
3 weeks ago#1
So last week, I had the 3 forced ones, Leif, Kicks, Sahara. Had Labelle, then the update happened on Friday when I got CJ. I also had Wisp appear 2 times.

This week, I got Redd, Labelle, Gulliver, nobody, then Flick.

I honestly expected Flick to show up on Thursday, since Gullivarr couldn't appear a day after Gulliver. Wisp is supposedly supposed to fill in Tuesday's gap instead of a repeat, but I'm unsure if that's only a chance to occur.

I searched everywhere for Flick, even between all my condensed orchard trees. I also checked every hour past 7 until 11 for Wisp in case he took the slot. Nada.
And Celeste already appeared Tuesday, in case that affected anything, which I doubt.

I'm thinking there must have been a weird glitch with the update resetting the encounters. I'm hoping there's some explanation if it happened to other people.
Different things appeal to different people.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
3 weeks ago#2
First off, Wisp dosen't count toward the weekly visitor count, only C.J., Flick, Kicks, Sahara, Leif, Label, Redd, Gulliver, and Gullivarrr count. Wisp and Celeste can appear on any day of the week, multiple times a week, with Wisp guaranteed to appear on the weekend day without K.K. Slider.

Most likely C.J. or Sahara was on your missing day, you just never found them (they probally kept getting stuck behind buildings and cliffs). For any "gap days", the game just picks a visitor that showed the week before to fill the slot. There's always been a chance a non-forced visitor could appear 2 weeks in a row, the chance of it happening was just very low.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Fakarava

Fakarava
3 weeks ago#3
I thought I had the same thing happen today - but instead I found CJ on top of an "island" I created within a waterfall/stream, standing on top of flowers on a 1x1 space on the island that I couldn't even jump to, as it was blocked by a hydrangea bush. There's no way any of my animal villagers could have gotten to that space, so I have no idea why CJ ended up there. I had to terraform a piece of land in my stream in order to get to him.

Seems the update might have goofed on the locations that (CJ at least) could appear. Could CJ have been the visitor you were supposed to get? Could he have been stranded somewhere (like the back of a building) that you didn't see?

User Info: jadon7

jadon7
3 weeks ago#4
I guess it was possible I could have had a second repeat of Sahara or CJ. I dunno. I tried to check every nook and cranny, opening the inventory in hard to see places for better vision. I guess it was just bad luck they travelled to a different area every time I checked any "hidden" area.

I will learn from this and terraform my cliffs, backyard, and tree arrangements for better visibility.
Different things appeal to different people.

User Info: BacklogGamer

BacklogGamer
3 weeks ago#5
all the random 24 hour npcs appear within a 2 week timeframe, but that's only 9 npcs with 10 weekdays across that time. so there's gonna be that one day where nobody shows up until we have another npc to fill that slot. my hopes is for someone for diving models.
3DS FC: 3050-7574-3338
I DO NOT SUPPORT POWERSAVES, CLONES, OR ANY OTHER CHEATING METHOD!!! *for pokemon at least lol

User Info: hellokittygirl1

hellokittygirl1
3 weeks ago#6
BacklogGamer posted...
all the random 24 hour npcs appear within a 2 week timeframe, but that's only 9 npcs with 10 weekdays across that time. so there's gonna be that one day where nobody shows up until we have another npc to fill that slot. my hopes is for someone for diving models.
That's not how it works, there's a visitor every day. If you don't see someone, they're in a weird place as others have said.
SW-3661-4728-3501 Button, Pie Island
Mayor Anzac of Aussie Dream Code: 6900-2332-8545

User Info: Takagi

Takagi
3 weeks ago#7
No because it's not possible and that's not what a glitch is.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
3 weeks ago#8
BacklogGamer posted...

You're supposed to have a visitor every day. On the tenth slot, the game just pick one of the first five to show up again. Remember, visitors that don't show up one week only have priority the next. There's nothing preventing a visitor from showing up 2 weeks in a row.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Transliteration

Transliteration
2 weeks ago#9
Did you go swimming?
Why not? SFW?

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
2 weeks ago#10
Just saying that if you can't find a visitor, consider talking to your villagers multiple times. They can tell you who is visiting.
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Did anyone have a glitch where no special visitor appeared?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A