This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
3 weeks ago#1
I was under the assumption that you could have multiple people visit your island and purchase the same piece from Redd. I’ve been on someone’s island from Nookazon where they were hosting Redd who was selling a real painting and multiple people were purchasing the same painting. A friend just visited, purchased the real painting Redd was selling (I already had it so didn’t buy it), and left. Another friend came over and she can’t buy the painting that my one friend just purchased. Was this patched? Or did I have a misconception I’ve been harboring about Redd for a while now? Or did the person hosting from Nookazon reset his game so multiple people could purchase the painting? Please advise. Thank you for your time.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, DA: 4E00-0016-93ED

User Info: EgHeadFool

EgHeadFool
3 weeks ago#2
You've never been able to purchase the same painting multiple times. Visitors can purchase from Redd, but each piece of art can only be bought once. The furniture he sells can probably be bought multiple times by different people though.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
3 weeks ago#3
WitchBaby4200 posted...
I was under the assumption that you could have multiple people visit your island and purchase the same piece from Redd. I’ve been on someone’s island from Nookazon where they were hosting Redd who was selling a real painting and multiple people were purchasing the same painting. A friend just visited, purchased the real painting Redd was selling (I already had it so didn’t buy it), and left. Another friend came over and she can’t buy the painting that my one friend just purchased. Was this patched? Or did I have a misconception I’ve been harboring about Redd for a while now? Or did the person hosting from Nookazon reset his game so multiple people could purchase the painting? Please advise. Thank you for your time.

Sounds like they ether were hacking or using a duplication glitch to copy the painting.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: WitchBaby4200

WitchBaby4200
3 weeks ago#4
Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Apparently I was on some major drugs. Lol.
She was walking on a stage after the play was over. Who now could say it had ever happened?
AC:NL: Town: Repaupo, Mayor: Stoochy, DA: 4E00-0016-93ED
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A