This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Starting out.Questions of Mystery Villagers on Ticket Islands (Villagers 7 - 10)

User Info: GreatSummonyane

GreatSummonyane
4 weeks ago#1
So yesterday, I was able to finish my campsite and I got Villager 6 today (Tex) which allowed me to unlock more plots of land for him and Villagers 7 to 10.

After placing the plots, I decided to use some tickets to get a Villager i wanted (Elvis). I ended up getting Apollo first and told him to go to my island.

However, when i use more tickets, no villagers appeared. Why is that? I still have about 3 more plots yet no new Villagers are appearing in the Mystery Islands.

Do I wait for Apollo and Tex to come so that I can get more? I also fear that when I do this, a random will take a space
FC: 0619 7101 7782
JRPGs All the way!

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
4 weeks ago#2
Because Apollo needs to move in first. You shouldn't put all plots down at the same time in general.

You need to wait 2 days before you can find someone on an island again when Apollo fully moves in.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: herefortrades

herefortrades
4 weeks ago#3
check again tomorrow to be sure but ayumi's right
Ilex from Apricity | SW-6298-7352-0610 | Creator code: MA-5436-0469-8606
Please PM me with your IGN before you try to add my Switch!

GreatSummonyane
4 weeks ago#4
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Because Apollo needs to move in first. You shouldn't put all plots down at the same time in general.

You need to wait 2 days before you can find someone on an island again when Apollo fully moves in.

Ah, shoot! I thought that maybe placing the last few plots would fix it, but i guess ill be getting Randoms once Apollo moves in fully (I hope thats not the case...)
JRPGs All the way!

X_Ayumi_X
4 weeks ago#5
GreatSummonyane posted...
Ah, shoot! I thought that maybe placing the last few plots would fix it, but i guess ill be getting Randoms once Apollo moves in fully (I hope thats not the case...)
Well no. After Apollo moves in, it should be fine to look, but every day after Apollo isn't in boxes and fully set up, you have a 50/50 chance the next placed down plot would get a random to come in.

This means every other day you have to have luck on your side for both if you see someone on the island you would want and luck on your side that no random takes a spot if you found no villager you wanted in the given time.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

GreatSummonyane
4 weeks ago#6
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Well no. After Apollo moves in, it should be fine to look, but every day after Apollo isn't in boxes and fully set up, you have a 50/50 chance the next placed down plot would get a random to come in.

This means every other day you have to have luck on your side for both if you see someone on the island you would want and luck on your side that no random takes a spot if you found no villager you wanted in the given time.
Just a small question but how many days does a random usually take a plot?
JRPGs All the way!

X_Ayumi_X
4 weeks ago#7
GreatSummonyane posted...
Just a small question but how many days does a random usually take a plot?
It's alwayus a 50% chance.
First day that Apollo becomes a villager is a day you can head to the mystery islands to try and get someone.
If you don't and the next day start, it's a 50% chance someone will randomly move in.

If no one comes, you have another day to look for someone once again, but again you have a 50% chance that someone will take the spot the next day.

This is why in general people tend to not risk that 50% chance and you hear some usually bringing back their hours a bit just so the day could be longer as they don't want to take that 50% chance that someone will take the spot as when you're playing with a split like that it's usually more than likely someone will buy the spot.
Also more likely it's someone you wouldn't like. COULD be someone you like, but... once again it's a risk.

GreatSummonyane
4 weeks ago#8
X_Ayumi_X posted...
It's alwayus a 50% chance.
First day that Apollo becomes a villager is a day you can head to the mystery islands to try and get someone.
If you don't and the next day start, it's a 50% chance someone will randomly move in.

If no one comes, you have another day to look for someone once again, but again you have a 50% chance that someone will take the spot the next day.

This is why in general people tend to not risk that 50% chance and you hear some usually bringing back their hours a bit just so the day could be longer as they don't want to take that 50% chance that someone will take the spot as when you're playing with a split like that it's usually more than likely someone will buy the spot.
Also more likely it's someone you wouldn't like. COULD be someone you like, but... once again it's a risk.
Well... Guess I'll be taking those 50/50 chances. Thank you very much on the info!
JRPGs All the way!
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Starting out.Questions of Mystery Villagers on Ticket Islands (Villagers 7 - 10)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A