This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: tesstar

tesstar
1 week ago#1
Hey all , I’m hoping someone knows what problem I’m having trying to make a rock garden and can help me out. I layed out the spot for my rocks and placed maniquíns on all the empty spots and the first 4 days the 4 rocks came into place but on the 5th day the 5th didn’t appear. I’ve since time traveled one day at a time a full week and I cannot get the last two rocks to spawn. I look around to see if I missed a spot every day but I can’t find those last two rocks anywhere , does anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/4/4/AAes6vAAAoMk.jpg

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 week ago#2
is there anything in front of the spaces you're trying to get the rocks to spawn in? the game seems to prevent rocks from spawning "behind" cliffs and buildings, and the distance it considers to be blocked is larger than you'd expect.

if you can post a screenshot of the area, it might help people identify potential problems
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: tesstar

tesstar
1 week ago#3
DiogenesKC posted...
is there anything in front of the spaces you're trying to get the rocks to spawn in? the game seems to prevent rocks from spawning "behind" cliffs and buildings, and the distance it considers to be blocked is larger than you'd expect.

if you can post a screenshot of the area, it might help people identify potential problems
Yes, Ive added a photo, as you can probably tell ,the area is indeed in front of a cliff but since the 4th rock spawned into that first row I figured it must be far enough?

User Info: Milsa4ever

Milsa4ever
1 week ago#4
is there a house just outside of the frame?
DiogenesKC posted...

Seriously, like he said, it is larger than you'd expect.
(adds signature, or no one will read last line of text.)

User Info: Doggies123

Doggies123
1 week ago#5
you can also try removing the 8 squares around each of the 4 rocks that have already spawned. This helped me with my rock garden as the fossils/weeds would spawn in those opened up squares rather than the square i wanted the rock to spawn in :)
Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokemon they love best.

User Info: Murasaki

Murasaki
1 week ago#6
Did you have all the paths down while the first 4 spawned?

I left a totally clear 3x3 area for my rocks while blocking the other spots.
~*~Resistance~*

User Info: Bigbot84

Bigbot84
1 week ago#7
Are they all in the same map square? I recall reading there's a limit on the number of rocks you can have in one square of your map.

User Info: Alex0

Alex0
1 week ago#8
Bigbot84 posted...
Are they all in the same map square? I recall reading there's a limit on the number of rocks you can have in one square of your map.
That's been debunked.

I can definitely see the shadow of a house at the bottom of the picture, below the two spots. That's definitely why the rocks aren't spawning. The game is preventing spawning because you might not notice the rocks behind the house, even though it's on a lower tier.

You'll have to move the house to let the rocks spawn. You can safely move the house back to where it is after the rocks spawn though.
-
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A