This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Getting a 2nd island today, any advice?

User Info: myochan

myochan
1 week ago#1
I'm getting a Switch Lite so I can have a 2nd island. Imma call it Kakariko, and I'm gonna set the clock to April cuz I missed cherry blossoms 1st time around ( I'm not gonna travel back and forth through time, just gonna leave it.) Planning to trade fruit and diys to my 1st island. Any tips/ stuff you wish you'd known before starting a new island?

User Info: Loudxmouth

Loudxmouth
1 week ago#2
I'd actually set it to the opposite hemisphere you normally play, but that would mean cherry blossoms won't show up in April. I just think you would have best of both worlds doing this, personally.
Switch FC: 3148-5731-2032 (Animal Crossing)
Switch FC: 6720-8784-3895 (Pokemon SwSh)

User Info: lon3wanderer

lon3wanderer
1 week ago#3
opposite hemispheres but if youre time traveling and doesn’t really matter I guess. just make sure you have a different colored airplane so you can have different nook miles rewards about all i can think of

User Info: TristranThorn

TristranThorn
1 week ago#4
If you’re planning on terraforming and carefully arranging your island, I’d advise you to place as many buildings as possible on the beach when starting out. That way, when you finally have access to your ladder, vaulting pole, and Island Designer app, you won’t have to pay to move every building twice.

User Info: NS-4701

NS-4701
1 week ago#5
I did this.
Chose the southern hemisphere and I also time travel a bunch, though I typically keep it in the same month.
I've been using my second island for collecting things for my main island, like specific villagers, art, DIYs, etc. I've been collecting the snowman DIYs and gonna put them in my main town. I think it would be funny to have an ice village in the middle of summer.
PSN: NS-4701 | NNID: NS-4701 SW-4146-9726-2116 | Xbox: NS4701
Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Phantasy Star Online 2

User Info: Ex_Zeo

Ex_Zeo
1 week ago#6
One thing I would pay more attention to is the rocks on the beach. I see people with really nice sized flat rocks that can hold a decent amount of furniture. Mine are smaller. The bigger ones are in the very back so dont get as much use or have the spikes that make it impossible to put furniture on.

Another is the airport/town hall location. These cant be moved at all so make sure you LOVE their locations. Same thing applies to the dock.
Video Game Wishlist: Chrono Crisis, Phantasy Star Online: C.A.R.D Revolution 2, Gunstar Heroes 2, Binary Domain 2, Divinity: Original Sin 3

User Info: Ex_Zeo

Ex_Zeo
1 week ago#7
TristranThorn posted...
If you’re planning on terraforming and carefully arranging your island, I’d advise you to place as many buildings as possible on the beach when starting out. That way, when you finally have access to your ladder, vaulting pole, and Island Designer app, you won’t have to pay to move every building twice.
Great idea here. Also a good idea to use fence to layout your villagers homes so you arent surprised by anything.
Video Game Wishlist: Chrono Crisis, Phantasy Star Online: C.A.R.D Revolution 2, Gunstar Heroes 2, Binary Domain 2, Divinity: Original Sin 3

User Info: myochan

myochan
1 week ago#8
I don't want cockroaches on my 1st island, will getting stuff from an island set to a different date cause roaches in my house?

User Info: FlowerryPott

FlowerryPott
1 week ago#9
Here's what I wished I had done while starting up a second island.

I wish I had collected many items that are different than my main island (the Nook items like the lighthouse, etc.), and the different furniture from Harvey's island (example: I got the brown double sofa from Harvey's on both of my islands; I want all the colors besides brown!). Things like that. Only then would I settle on a new island and start from scratch.

If I ever delete and re-start my 2nd island (which I may do far in the future), I would continually re-set to acquire these different items/colors until I was satisfied I had enough different options.

Slainte! Cead mile failte!

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
1 week ago#10
myochan posted...
I don't want cockroaches on my 1st island, will getting stuff from an island set to a different date cause roaches in my house?
Not playing for an extended period of time causes roaches in your house.
SW 0446-5014-6527 Mayor D.A. Town DragonRest Nth Hem. Fruit orange PST
DS Main 1478-4005-0540 Cycle 1091-9591-3992 Both Steelers Mayors D.A.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Getting a 2nd island today, any advice?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A