This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Fixing the visitor system

User Info: Sephini

Sephini
1 week ago#11
There is no reason why visitors who stay at the center and wanderers can't be visiting at the same time.
The entire system is s***.
R

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#12
You want to know the best way to fix the system? Visitors depends on interactions.

The ones you speak to more and do business with more are more likely to come. Redd sees he can get a ton of bells from you? He comes more. Kicks able to make a killing from his shoes and bags from you? He'll come more. Label getting a lot of inspiration from you? She shows up a bit more.

If you got all the wallpaper and flooring you need or want (or got every one of them and not in the mood for more) and she sees she's wasting time on the island as no one is doing business with her, why take time to come here so often? Would come less and less.
If you one day want Saharah again, just wait on whenever she might come again and do business with her, but if you don't she goes lower into the list of those that's more likely to come.

This would make it that I can get to see Flick, Label, Saharah, Redd, and Kicks more and CJ and Leif almost never.

Gulliver should be always random in general and at the most should be guaranteed once every other week. I only say this is because his is not a willing visit. He's washed onto your shore and it's not his fault. The most you can od after getting everything from him and the golden shovel is just to leave him there...
...BUT he should get the same category as Celeste and Wisp. He does NOT take up a visitor spot and him and let's say Redd can show up at the same time.

This is the sure way to fix the visitor system and depending on what people like and don't like will depend on who gets to visit which island more.
YOU like Leif a lot? you would do more business with him and maybe sell weeds to him. So your island will see him more while my island will almost never see him as I never even talk to him when he shows up on my island. Like.... at all.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: B4ND

B4ND
1 week ago#13
Either allow two special visitors per day; one fixed and one wanderer or make some visitors ignore other ones. There is no reason why Redd can't show up every week when he has his own special spawn point.

The bare minimum they could do to make it tolerable is to remove Lief from the fixed visitor list or swap him with Redd. I haven't bought anything from Lief since earthday

User Info: Slakr

Slakr
1 week ago#14
What nobody seems to be addressing is the purple ape riding a pink elephant through the room; the general complaint is that Redd's rate of showing up on the island makes collecting art for the museum impossible. I recently saw a post where someone time-traveled to spawn Redd approximately 200 times, and they were still 1 piece of art short of the full collection.

Let's for the sake of argument say the average number of visits from Redd to complete your art exhibit is 150. At that rate, it will take just under 3 years to complete your museum's art exhibit if Redd is made a weekly visitor (provided you play every day in order to not miss a visit for that same span of time).

Does that "fix" the problem?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Ban the DH.

User Info: Zedev

Zedev
1 week ago#15
KK once a week to get the music of your choice from a large library is not useless.

I would argue leif is the most useless as you may have everything you want from him after 3 or 4 visits.
I hope to see Leif and Kicks move in permanently and their slots increase the odds of Redd

User Info: h9000

h9000
1 week ago#16
X_Ayumi_X posted...
You want to know the best way to fix the system? Visitors depends on interactions.

Agree. Because Sahara is 2 wallpapers away from being useless for me (have them all and yet to see a need for dupes). When I hit that milestone I literally don't care if she comes once a season. Meanwhile CJ can come weekly because I love fishing. He finally showed today after almost three weeks and I sold sharks for over 2mm. I need CJ more often or I need more storage.

Failing machine learning to drive visitor frequency, I'm down with simple equal rotation. Though ideally we'd get two visitors a day, the stationary ones paired with a wandering one.

User Info: h9000

h9000
1 week ago#17
Zedev posted...
KK once a week to get the music of your choice from a large library is not useless.

I would argue leif is the most useless as you may have everything you want from him after 3 or 4 visits.
I hope to see Leif and Kicks move in permanently and their slots increase the odds of Redd

The only reason KK isn't useless is because of the idiotic 2year achievement. If it weren't for that no one would need him again after three months (I base this on having nearly all the songs without TT or trading)

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 week ago#18
Zedev posted...
This would be true if not for the fact that music is sold from the Nook ATM and changes daily. You can easily get every song within a few months even without trading.

New Leaf at least waited until you unlocked TIY for this to supplement you; with NH you'll get access to this several weeks before you get KK.

-

Anyway, put every visitor on a rotation:
-CJ and Flick alternate each week. You can commission up to three models per visit per character, but only one is sent every day.
-Saharah and Gulliver alternate each week. Saharah uses one of her rugs to open a normal storefront with an actual interface in the plaza.
-Kicks and Leif alternate each week.
-Redd comes every week. He is guaranteed to have at least one real work.
-One slot each week is a randomly chosen visitor from their "off week". Either visitor may appear on the following week, meaning that the permutations will periodically change over time.
-Label comes every week ON SUNDAY.

Done.
If you disagree with the above post, it isn't for you.
Luckily it's free so you can't complain about it either.

User Info: Zedev

Zedev
1 week ago#19
But you can ask KK for specific songs, its like the only feature that doesn't require winning RNG and you want to remove it?

That reason alone to me seems very important to keep it a once a week thing.

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 week ago#20
Zedev posted...
its like the only feature that doesn't require winning RNG and you want to remove it?
KK's existence is not the problem. The problem is the fact that his existence is mutually exclusive with anyone else.

If you need songs, KK being a guaranteed new one every week is great -- it's essentially a "guaranteed win" as far as RNG is concerned. But once you have every song (or at least every song you want), it's essentially a "guaranteed loss", because you now have a visitor who will never do anything for you except increment the achievement for seeing him 100 times.

He's like a slightly longer-term Leif. The first few times you see him he's fantastic, but then he's useless and still taking up a slot.

This can be easily solved by either allowing him to show up alongside someone else, scooting him or Daisy over a day so they share a date, or giving him something unique to care about like vocal recordings.
If you disagree with the above post, it isn't for you.
Luckily it's free so you can't complain about it either.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Fixing the visitor system
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A