This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Slakr

Slakr
1 week ago#31
magiccube4527 posted...
Nope, because the visitors you don’t get will be added to a priority pool. Meaning out of the random visitors, the MOST OFTEN you can get them is once every 2 weeks. It’s impossible currently to get them every week.
Unless that "priority pool" sets the likeliness of this week's visitors to 0% next week, it's "unlikely" but not "impossible." As I recall from the datamine, this week's visitors have a reduced chance to show up next week, but never a 0% chance. Unless that changed with the recent update, of course.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Ban the DH.

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
1 week ago#32
The stats on getting all the paintings are what made me farm redd with time travel.

There's pretty much no guarantee with him. I'm no mathematician but it seems to me the fastest you could collect them all on your own is about a year and a half to 2 years with lots of luck.

Slowest you can collect them is NEVER. This shouldn't be the case!

So yeah, f*** that. f*** rng. f*** redd. I TT.

Imo having pure unadulterated rng in any game is stupidity on the devs part. Super mario party for example truly randomizes the minigames. This makes it so you can play the same game multiple times in a row. Its asinine and doesn't take much to fix. With ANY rng there is ALWAYS a reason to put if/then statements all over it. IF you "roll" the same game, THEN the game chooses one you haven't played instead. So f***ing simple but they couldn't handle it.

Same should be applied to ACNH. I already know there are hidden prerequisites all over the game. So its not like they couldn't code in that Redd shows up automatically at the end of the month if you missed him.

They made him way too inaccessible.

Imo they need to add an invite system. Ie, you invite one npc of your choosing a week. You invited kk, why not others? The mail system is already baked into the game. I really can't imagine it taking much effort. They should make the invite day on Saturday. That way if you forget you just get kk, and people who don't want kk can be happy.
http://tinyurl.com/myofwa4 Mystical Ninja64 fan!

User Info: Jonaqq

Jonaqq
1 week ago#33
a visitor can visit in consecutive weeks. it can happen

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#34
nebula2 posted...
Imagine crying this hard for special visitors WITHOUT ever playing Wild World. The things you had to do for a golden axe all in rng.

Limit_2 posted...
If you needed the golden axe, you're clearly bothered by tool durability, meaning you'd have even MORE reason to dislike NH. Not less.
I mean... I don't see where @Limit_2 is wrong here.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: glitchXII

glitchXII
1 week ago#35
Honestly, should make it to where you can have both a plaza visitor and a 'wandering' one in a day......not sure which we'd categorize redd with that though as he doesn't wander around but doesn't take up the plaza space.
I refuse to take anyone who uses terms like 'weeb' or 'dudebro' seriously
Fanboyism is a plague amongst gamers...don't encourage it

User Info: ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth
1 week ago#36
nebula2 posted...
Imagine crying this hard for special visitors WITHOUT ever playing Wild World. The things you had to do for a golden axe all in rng.

Wild World was the only other one I've played and I think the visitor system as it is is crap though...

User Info: Slakr

Slakr
1 week ago#37
glitchXII posted...
Honestly, should make it to where you can have both a plaza visitor and a 'wandering' one in a day......not sure which we'd categorize redd with that though as he doesn't wander around but doesn't take up the plaza space.
It doesn't matter. Frankly, they can simply make it so each visitor shows up once per week, as there's no reason Redd, CJ, and Label (for example) couldn't all visit on the same day. Maybe put Redd and Gulliver in the same category (beach visitors), giving three categories. The rule need merely be that you can only have one visitor from each category in a given day, each visitor can only show up once per week, and at least one visitor will be assigned per day.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Ban the DH.

User Info: magiccube4527

magiccube4527
1 week ago#38
Slakr posted...
Unless that "priority pool" sets the likeliness of this week's visitors to 0% next week, it's "unlikely" but not "impossible." As I recall from the datamine, this week's visitors have a reduced chance to show up next week, but never a 0% chance. Unless that changed with the recent update, of course.

By priority pool, I mean they literally get added to a special list and the game will pull from the list first for next week’s visitors. If it exhausts the list, it’ll pull from the normal pool, but that’s impossible as there’s only 2 open slots per week currently and 3 visitors on the priority list per week (excluding last week’s special case).

Ex: You get Redd and Label this week. This means Gulliver, CJ, and Flick get added to the priority list next week. The game will give that list priority and choose 2 from any of those 3 visitors for next week. This means it’s literally impossible for Redd or Label to show up next week. Make sense?
Switch FC: SW-7069-3830-1514
Fire Emblem Heroes FC: 9661017051 - [IGN: Michael]

User Info: B4ND

B4ND
1 week ago#39
nebula2 posted...
Wild World had an objectively better vistitor system solely because Redd is 100% guaranteed to show up each week

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
1 week ago#40
Takagi posted...
If you have CJ and Gulliver one week, two out of Flick/Label/Redd will appear next week. The same visitor can not appear two weeks in a row. Potentially, this means one visitor gets left out for weeks at a time. But only one.
I know with 100% certainty that I've gotten Sahara several weeks in a row.
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | Xbox One X | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A