This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
1 week ago#1
Other than the Bug Contest, it has been almost 2 months since I've last seen either Redd, CJ or Flick.

Kinda getting genuinely worried my game is bugged or something, this is just unreasonable.
Gamers aren't oppressed, but they absolutely deserve to be.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#2
Welcome to RNG. Amazing, isn't it?
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Takagi

Takagi
1 week ago#3
That's impossible if you're playing every day. Factually impossible.

User Info: drew9966

drew9966
1 week ago#4
I've had Redd 3 times since I started and had CJ and Flick once.
ACNH: Drew from Canada.

Takagi
1 week ago#5
drew9966 posted...
I've had Redd 3 times since I started and had CJ and Flick once.

Then you're not playing every day.

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
1 week ago#6
I honestly don't mind the RNG element to visitors showing up, but RNG for something like this should never have even the most remote possibility of them taking literal months to show up.

There should be some sort of system in place that, every time a special visitors shows up, the percentage chance of the the other special visitors go up for the next time a special visitor comes in and goes down when they do show up. I.E. If they all have a base 20% chance to show up, then if Label shows up, the next time a special visitor comes CJ, Flick, Guliver and Redd now have 22% percent chance to show up, and Label has a 12% chance.

I'm certain the math on that is actually all kinds of wrong and bad, but you get the point I'm going for.
Gamers aren't oppressed, but they absolutely deserve to be.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: drew9966

drew9966
1 week ago#7
Takagi posted...
Then you're not playing every day.

I started May 9th
ACNH: Drew from Canada.

Takagi
1 week ago#8
K.K. Slider appears every Saturday unless there's a Bug-off or Fishing tournament. Then he appears Friday. Daisy Mae appears every Sunday. Kicks, Leif, and Saharah appear on a random weekday but are guaranteed every week.

This leaves 2 weekday slots (1 on tournament weeks) for CJ, Flick, Gulliver, Label, and Redd.

If you have CJ and Gulliver one week, two out of Flick/Label/Redd will appear next week. The same visitor can not appear two weeks in a row. Potentially, this means one visitor gets left out for weeks at a time. But only one.

User Info: JonasABlood

JonasABlood
1 week ago#9
Joflyer posted...
I honestly don't mind the RNG element to visitors showing up, but RNG for something like this should never have even the most remote possibility of them taking literal months to show up.

There should be some sort of system in place that, every time a special visitors shows up, the percentage chance of the the other special visitors go up for the next time a special visitor comes in and goes down when they do show up. I.E. If they all have a base 20% chance to show up, then if Label shows up, the next time a special visitor comes CJ, Flick, Guliver and Redd now have 22% percent chance to show up, and Label has a 12% chance.

I'm certain the math on that is actually all kinds of wrong and bad, but you get the point I'm going for.
But there’s a system like that already. If you had C.J and Redd last week, then Flick, Guliver and Label have a higher chance of appearing this week.

If you haven’t seen them in two months, then you’re not playing everyday or checking your island enough
Pokemon Sword OT/ACNH Name: John
Switch FC: SW-3753-1567-5793

Takagi
1 week ago#10
JonasABlood posted...
But there’s a system like that already. If you had C.J and Redd last week, then Flick, Guliver and Label have a higher chance of appearing this week.

Two guaranteed, not "higher chance".
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A