This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Do you think you'll still be here in December.

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
2 weeks ago#1
It's sooner than you might think, we're entering the latter half of the year. I'm just trying to gauge you all. I know people say that they definitely played at least an year of previous Animal Crossing games but as a newcomer, the idea still sounds foreign to me. Of course one actual year won't be until March 2021 but I think December is a decent goal too.
Bree deserves a Royal Crown
Days Without Royal Crown in Ables: 1

User Info: Kanuke98

Kanuke98
2 weeks ago#2
Yes and then some.
SW 0446-5014-6527 Mayor D.A. Town DragonRest Nth Hem. Fruit orange PST
DS Main 1478-4005-0540 Cycle 1091-9591-3992 Both Steelers Mayors D.A.

User Info: drew9966

drew9966
2 weeks ago#3
Probably, I won't be playing as much though. I'd probably log on a few days a week or more depending upon what fish and bugs and fossils I still need.
ACNH: Drew from Canada.

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
2 weeks ago#4
I'm playing until I've at the very least done the following:
-Obtained all DIY recipes and crafted them*
-Obtained pictures from all of my current residents
-Completed bug/fish/diving sections of the museum
-Completed all main Nook miles tasks except the ones that take a completely unreasonable amount of time (KK, Gulliver/Redd appearances, catching tons of fish/bugs, etc.)
-obtain all of the fishing tourney items**

*excluding ones released after February 2021
**not counting silver/gold trophies

Will definitely play every now and then for several years if Tortimer island or some alternative of playing minigames with randoms returns. Otherwise, I'll probably just play it for a few days whenever there's a big update after the 1 year mark.
You were born as a human, not a sheep. Remember that well.

User Info: silentgrace7

silentgrace7
2 weeks ago#5
Indeed i will :) and at this rate I highly doubt my workplace will transition back into working in the office by then (or if we do I genuinely wouldn’t be surprised if we returned to remote work) so I’ll probably still be able to play a little more than I will when I’m back at the office, haha

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
2 weeks ago#6
GrooseKirby posted...
-Completed all main Nook miles tasks except the ones that take a completely unreasonable amount of time (KK, Gulliver/Redd appearances, catching tons of fish/bugs, etc.)

Will definitely play every now and then for several years if Tortimer island or some alternative of playing minigames with randoms returns. Otherwise, I'll probably just play it for a few days whenever there's a big update after the 1 year mark.
pictures won't take long but I don't get how obtaining all diys AND crafting them all is on your list, but somehow getting the silver and gold trophies from the tourney is... more work than that?
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 weeks ago#7
The true demographic for these games are for people who arent done when they complete all the goals. The true demographic is people who are perfectly content just signing on to run around for a bit, go catching random bugs just for the thrill of catching them aswell as fishing with no goal in mind besides being able to reel in some fish. Aswell as talking to your villagers and resting in your house for a bit or talking a walk.

"Needing" a goal is against the nature of animal crossing.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
For every day there's a night / For every night there's a song / And every song they have sung was meant for you

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
2 weeks ago#8
Terantatek posted...
The true demographic for these games are for people who arent done when they complete all the goals. The true demographic is people who are perfectly content just signing on to run around for a bit, go catching random bugs just for the thrill of catching them aswell as fishing with no goal in mind besides being able to reel in some fish. Aswell as talking to your villagers and resting in your house for a bit or talking a walk.

"Needing" a goal is against the nature of animal crossing.

Don't think you know what you're talking about as since the 64 my goal (except this game) been to get the museum done and to get my house the way I wanted it to be.
Oh and golden tools which I don't care about in this game seeing how worthless they are except for the watering can.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Takagi

Takagi
2 weeks ago#9
Ya

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
2 weeks ago#10
X_Ayumi_X posted...
GrooseKirby posted...

pictures won't take long but I don't get how obtaining all diys AND crafting them all is on your list, but somehow getting the silver and gold trophies from the tourney is... more work than that?

For DIYs I plan to mostly just trade commons for other commons. I have several rooms full of them now and it really isn't hard to trade them when Nookazon exists. All seasonal/event/etc. ones I plan to just get whenever they're available in game. Although I'll admit I probably should have mentioned I have no intention of ever getting the golden shovel DIY lol.

As for the tourneys, it's just boring to grind out silver/gold. Especially for the fishing one since I'm terrible at fishing.
You were born as a human, not a sheep. Remember that well.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Do you think you'll still be here in December.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A