This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Club Old Horizons: Players Over 30 (Part 42)

User Info: Slime

Slime
1 week ago#491
Lunescent posted...
Weird, I've definitely gone to Celeste on other people's islands that were in different seasons than me and I've not had any problems at all. *shrug*

@Lunescent

If you've already received the Zodiac DIY for the current date on your island, there is no risk.
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 week ago#492
Slime posted...
Celeste glitch explained:

The Zodiac DIY recipes are given out in accordance with the Zodiac calendar and moving to a new sign enables a flag where Celeste can give you that sign's DIY recipe. If you travel to a friend's town while you're flagged as eligible to receive a new recipe based on the date on your island and the date on their island is within the window of a different sign than the one that you'd receive on your own, Celeste will give you the recipe for the sign that coincides with their island. This can prevent you from receiving other DIY recipes from Celeste.

If I’m reading that correctly, as long as you’ve gotten the zodiac recipe for the current sign on your island, then you are ok?
AC - Violet on Penny
FFRK RW - zkUj (DVG)

User Info: cheebsy1

cheebsy1
1 week ago#493
The celeste glitch happened to me and I was able to work around it by using my alt to get the zodiac recipe for me. It's definitely annoying

@Lunescent it won't happen if you already got the DIY in your current zodiac calendar. If, for instance, I didn't get the cancer table DIY yet but I went to another island in the winter and saw Celeste and got that zodiac DIY before the cancer table, I would get the glitch.
SW-3809-1191-7899
Crisco from Lil legend

User Info: cheebsy1

cheebsy1
1 week ago#494
Cuticrusader09 posted...
If I’m reading that correctly, as long as you’ve gotten the zodiac recipe for the current sign on your island, then you are ok?
yes
SW-3809-1191-7899
Crisco from Lil legend

User Info: addicted2AC

addicted2AC
1 week ago#495
@Slime Does it turn out okay if you travel to and collect in a town that is behind yours but not forward? I believe I have done this. Also, I believe that if you receive one on a specific day, you cannot receive one in another town, as it is one per day. If I were to collect one in a town that is ahead of me, but in the same sign, I assume I would be unable to collect one on that day in my game when I reached that date, My question here is: If I were to collect one in a town that was ahead of me, when I go back to my town, am I unable to collect one until I pass that day? Is it true within the sign or only if I am collecting a sign ahead of my own. I hope this isn' t confusing.
Currently Playing AC New Horizons
SW-5620-5199-9313 Princess@Heaven

User Info: Slime

Slime
1 week ago#496
addicted2AC posted...
@Slime Does it turn out okay if you travel to and collect in a town that is behind yours but not forward? I believe I have done this. Also, I believe that if you receive one on a specific day, you cannot receive one in another town, as it is one per day. If I were to collect one in a town that is ahead of me, but in the same sign, I assume I would be unable to collect one on that day in my game when I reached that date, My question here is: If I were to collect one in a town that was ahead of me, when I go back to my town, am I unable to collect one until I pass that day? Is it true within the sign or only if I am collecting a sign ahead of my own. I hope this isn' t confusing.

Huh, that's a very good question. I'm going to look into it.
A Slime draws near! Command?

User Info: Lunescent

Lunescent
1 week ago#497
I was in November of 2019 if that helps any. You guys had me thinking I was going to glitch someone's game so I shut everything down and resynced my date. Celeste is gone now. I'm going to clear out the weeds and open for the trade board.
Lunescent - SW-7924-0124-7319 - ACNH - Mina - St.Caine - Cherries - Windflowers
https://villagerdb.com/user/lunescent/list/wishlist

User Info: Tahkianna

Tahkianna
1 week ago#498
This is the info I was given from a TTer... She visited my town when I had Celeste:

It doesn't matter what day it is in your town if it's a different day in my town I can get a new card
I'm going back to my town then time traveling a day forward. Collecting my stars putting them in my house then getting another diy from Celeste

Where as she kept coming back to my town after repeating this process. I believe the TTer was months ahead of me but I can not be certain for sure on the exact date of their town.

I do believe it has to be a full 24 hr period for you to obtain another Celeste diy, I think based off of your town's clock.

~Cocoa from Kuani-ko
DIY wish list - https://tinyurl.com/ybqayv2f

User Info: addicted2AC

addicted2AC
1 week ago#499
Tahkianna posted...
This is the info I was given from a TTer... She visited my town when I had Celeste:

It doesn't matter what day it is in your town if it's a different day in my town I can get a new card
I'm going back to my town then time traveling a day forward. Collecting my stars putting them in my house then getting another diy from Celeste

Where as she kept coming back to my town after repeating this process. I believe the TTer was months ahead of me but I can not be certain for sure on the exact date of their town.

I do believe it has to be a full 24 hr period for you to obtain another Celeste diy, I think based off of your town's clock.

So she was advancing her game one day at a time to keep going to your town and get cards from you? I'm concerned about unknowingly going to another town to collect a card and then screwing it up for myself in my own town.
Currently Playing AC New Horizons
SW-5620-5199-9313 Princess@Heaven

User Info: Cuticrusader09

Cuticrusader09
1 week ago#500
Tahkianna posted...

No the day just has to switch over. I got a recipe last night at 8pm and got one at 9 am this morning.
AC - Violet on Penny
FFRK RW - zkUj (DVG)
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Club Old Horizons: Players Over 30 (Part 42)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A