This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Last day for the Wedding Sh..tuff.

User Info: tugz

tugz
1 week ago#11
I didnt wanted anything at first but after I saw it can be customized I got like 4 of everything and didnt go back anymore.
3DS FC: 1607-2207-7869

User Info: X_Ayumi_X

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#12
Terantatek posted...
Imagine if someone had a serious "wedding" in animal crossing. Eesh...
Didn't some people actually do that?

Also that doesn't shock me as I've seen and been to weddings in online games. Like PSO and FFXI and such.

FFXI even had a bloody wedding system that was virtually expensive. Had to prepare expenses, the rooms booked, the clothing made and all.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
1 week ago#13
Terantatek posted...
Imagine if someone had a serious "wedding" in animal crossing. Eesh...
At least the AC wedding isn't a health risk, won't bankrupt you, and won't force you into dealing with those friends/relatives you don't actually like but are obligated to invite for the sake of keeping up appearances.

AC weddings are silly, but real weddings are beyond stupid and wasteful. Married btw.
If you disagree with the above post, it isn't for you.
Luckily it's free so you can't complain about it either.

User Info: RikashiX

RikashiX
1 week ago#14
Im tired of all the girly stuff. Easter was dumb. Wedding crap. Now mermaid?
"Nulla e reale, tutto e lecito" - GT NihonjinRikugun
3DS FC: 3067-8390-9586

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#15
RikashiX posted...
The wedding crap isn't girly though unless you make it girly.
3DS: 2921 9091 2567 My SMM Levels: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/profile/Shintastics

User Info: Fakarava

Fakarava
1 week ago#16
RikashiX posted...

This. I could care less about wedding cr*p. I got a few items, rolled my eyes, and stopped going to Harvs. But I do suppose the M/F mix for this game skews heavily female, and it is a big deal in Japan, so...... If we have to endure wedding season, will we get an.. I don't know... Basement mancave powertool-mega-DIY-crafting season? Yeah, probably not.

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#17
Fakarava posted...
This. I could care less about wedding cr*p. I got a few items, rolled my eyes, and stopped going to Harvs. But I do suppose the M/F mix for this game skews heavily female, and it is a big deal in Japan, so...... If we have to endure wedding season, will we get an.. I don't know... Basement mancave powertool-mega-DIY-crafting season? Yeah, probably not.
Even then that still doesn't make sense as not every girl likes girly crap.
The moment I saw the mermaid stuff I instantly knew "Do NOT want."

User Info: Fakarava

Fakarava
1 week ago#18
X_Ayumi_X posted...
Even then that still doesn't make sense as not every girl likes girly crap.
The moment I saw the mermaid stuff I instantly knew "Do NOT want."

Point taken. You are correct. And I did use a wedding head table, customized and turned backwards on my island - so I can embrace my inner girly sometimes... but... yick. The wedding attitude is in line with all that pink princess mania ridiculousness that gets fed to girls from a young age. I'm sure it makes many players very happy tho - so I'm not suggesting to take it out or that it's a bad thing.. just a skip for me and happy to move on with the summer.

X_Ayumi_X
1 week ago#19
Fakarava posted...
Point taken. You are correct. And I did use a wedding head table, customized and turned backwards on my island - so I can embrace my inner girly sometimes... but... yick. The wedding attitude is in line with all that pink princess mania ridiculousness that gets fed to girls from a young age. I'm sure it makes many players very happy tho - so I'm not suggesting to take it out or that it's a bad thing.. just a skip for me and happy to move on with the summer.
But yeah that was one thing I found puzzling actually. Almost every clothing in Bunny Day was a dress or a skirt I think.

May Day was just a suitcase.

Majority of the wedding stuff are girly. Not all of course as the dining tables you can change the style to work well for other things, the welcome sign can be used for multiple things too, some of the 2x1 tables turned around can work and so on and so on.
But yeah the majority are pretty much leaning towards the "girly" route. The arch, the flower stands and on the wall. Hell the bouquette?

And we already mentioned how it seems this new update seems to be mermaid because... because... I don't know.
Unless those things can be customized so I can for example how with a rock you can turn it to look moss and moldy, I would like those mermaid items to maybe turn into something that has been living in the depths of the water for centuries... like watched up items that have barnacles and such growing on it.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/6/1/8/AAS_91AAAnNq.jpg
Kinda like this colour scheme. Dead, broken down, barnacles, seaweed, covered in gunk.

I would like that.

User Info: Noma9

Noma9
1 week ago#20
I'm a sucker for weddings, and I like most of the wedding furniture -- though I feel the novelty of the event wore off really quickly. At least it wasn't intrusive though. But I do wish the items had more customization options! Like, lots of different types of people get married, all of whom have different tastes. It would be great to have a black set, an all white/cream set, maybe a very regal purple/gold or red/gold option? It just feels needlessly limited to have only three options.
"No, we're doing this my way. No Google, no fancy textbooks - just six tall cans of Steel Reserve and a copy of the Bible."
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Last day for the Wedding Sh..tuff.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A