This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?
A question about Celeste... She can apparently only appear once a week, but is she guaranteed to actually appear? I'm asking because this is my first week where I haven't seen her (it's Sunday evening now), and I always check my town thoroughly every evening.

If she's supposed to appear, here's another interesting factor: This Wednesday was my birthday, which makes K.K. appear, cancelling any other intended visitor. Is it possible he cancels Celeste (and Wisp) as well? Talk about bad luck if Celeste was supposed to appear that particular day...
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.

User Info: Jinoga

Jinoga
3 weeks ago#52
Master Of Majora posted...
A question about Celeste... She can apparently only appear once a week, but is she guaranteed to actually appear? I'm asking because this is my first week where I haven't seen her (it's Sunday evening now), and I always check my town thoroughly every evening.

If she's supposed to appear, here's another interesting factor: This Wednesday was my birthday, which makes K.K. appear, cancelling any other intended visitor. Is it possible he cancels Celeste (and Wisp) as well? Talk about bad luck if Celeste was supposed to appear that particular day...
She's not always guaranteed to appear once a week AFAIK. Probably just bad luck.

I don't believe K.K. visits would mess with Celeste/Wisp, since typically those two can appear when K.K. normally appears. (Unless a coding oversight or a bug?)
Ali from Starfoam | Nook Inc.'s Clown
Jinoga posted...
She's not always guaranteed to appear once a week AFAIK. Probably just bad luck.
That's probably it. I don't think it's stranger than that. :-)
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.

User Info: RachVG

RachVG
2 weeks ago#54
I've had a skim through the thread so apologies if this had been covered already but I'm just interested - do we know how the tourneys making KK displace the Friday visitors affects what you get? I don't really know how to word the question so let me give my example.

Last week I had the 3 regular visitors plus Redd and Label. So this week I had Gulliver, CJ and Flick in the pool.

Flick visited on Wednesday so Friday would have been CJ or Gulliver in a normal week but obviously I had KK instead.

When next week's visitors are generated and it looks at who I had, will it say "you only had Flick last week" and throw all four into the mix or will it know that I'd been assigned (for example) Gulliver and exclude him?

I wondered this on my birthday too but thought it would be a once a year occurrence so not worth asking! I hadn't unlocked KK at the fishing tourney so I didn't realise this happened.

Not that it really matters, as you wouldn't necessarily be able to tell what you were missing during normal gameplay unless both CJ and Gulliver turned up as next week's visitors, I was just interested if it has been datamined!

ACPC - 31191253839 (Toady)
ACNH - Rach from Toadstool

User Info: Yakra88

Yakra88
1 week ago#55
You should probably unsticky this since the system changed.
https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1279051889892614148
So, where is my dream? It is a continuation of reality.
But where is my reality? It is at the end of your dream.

User Info: Akesan

Akesan
4 days ago#56
This week me and my older sister got three special visitors (Redd yesterday, Flick today which is a Thursday, and Gulliver this Tuesday). Aren't there only two slots to get one of them?

User Info: DarkEmil

DarkEmil
4 days ago#57
Akesan posted...
This week me and my older sister got three special visitors (Redd yesterday, Flick today which is a Thursday, and Gulliver this Tuesday). Aren't there only two slots to get one of them?
Now it's different, the system has changed. Saharah, Leif and Kicks are not guaranteed anymore, so now it's 5 random slots every week. As Yakra said a few days ago, I'm guessing this should be unstickied to avoid confusion.
(edited 4 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A