This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?

User Info: Jinoga

Jinoga
1 month ago#41
@Master_Of_Majora I meant K.K. specifically in those parentheses, the other visitors I listed alongside K.K. leave at different times other than midnight.

@Awakened_Link The same thing happened to me, actually! I was hosting my island for Celeste and Saharah and all of a sudden she left. Someone left quietly so I was assuming that's what happened, but then I searched around the island and she was nowhere to be found haha!

Ahh yes I forgot about Leif. His leaving time is actually something I knew about beforehand so it's on the first two posts. There's so many special visitors I can't keep track ;;
Ali from Starfoam | Nook Inc.'s Clown

User Info: L621

L621
1 month ago#42
Jinoga posted...
@L621 You'll have to take a photo of it with a phone or something, but going into a screenshot in your album and checking its info by pressing A (editing and posting) will bring up the exact time and date the photo was posted. Comparing that with a photo of your passport showing when you got to the island would confirm it was day 1!

I do wonder if he is actually reachable on day one, or if he is always in portions of the island that you can never reach without obtaining the vaulting pole/ladder? He only ever appears on cliffs for me, but I want to ask if people have seen him on the ground. (If you have him on the ground I'd love a picture!) Going by how his spirit pieces scatter, as well, I'd assume it would give someone without those tools a really hard time if he IS interactable on day one.
Thanks for the info on how to check the dates. I completely forgot that I played it for a few minutes the night I got it before needing to get to bed for work the next morning, and then I didn't come back to play again until 3 days later, which was kinda the first time I actually played it, but in game it was recorded as a few days after I started. Your info seems to be right, sorry if I caused any confusion. And he wasn't on a cliff, but was across a river I needed a vaulting pole (which I didn't yet have) to get across.
(message deleted)

User Info: keysmash

keysmash
1 month ago#44
I've seen a Japanese Youtuber experiment with Wisp's spawn mechanism: https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=bTlcnj0i86s (space added to prevent auto-embed)
The results of the experiment were: He prefers a cliff in Row B; if there aren't any, he prefers a cliff anywhere; if there aren't any, he spawns anywhere randomly.
So if Wisp does appear on the day the airport is still closed, it would be impossible to reach him, you can't even go to another island to get a ladder/pole.

thats odd. I have always had cliffs all along B. But have seen him the most in D, by my non-river raised pond. And it isn’t that I don’t spend time in b. That is where my house is. I spend less time around that pond.
AC:NH. Luna of Astera
If you have a near DEATH experience it follows that I must have a near You experience. Don't mind me, I brought a book.~ DEATH
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#45
keysmash posted...
thats odd. I have always had cliffs all along B. But have seen him the most in D, by my non-river raised pond. And it isn’t that I don’t spend time in b. That is where my house is. I spend less time around that pond.
Are you quoting the now deleted post #43?
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-

Jinoga
1 month ago#46
L621 posted...
Thanks for the info on how to check the dates. I completely forgot that I played it for a few minutes the night I got it before needing to get to bed for work the next morning, and then I didn't come back to play again until 3 days later, which was kinda the first time I actually played it, but in game it was recorded as a few days after I started. Your info seems to be right, sorry if I caused any confusion. And he wasn't on a cliff, but was across a river I needed a vaulting pole (which I didn't yet have) to get across.
No worries, I'm glad things could get cleared up! And ooh, interesting! :o I guess the whole preference thing (mentioned below) is just not a guarantee?

keysmash posted...

I wonder if it's a preference but not guaranteed he'll be in B, or if something else is at work here.

gwwak posted...
Are you quoting the now deleted post #43?

No, they're quoting post #35.

User Info: RaisinBizzle

RaisinBizzle
1 month ago#47
Is gulliver guaranteed to come once a week and he stays until the day change? I haven’t seen him in about two weeks, And I always check the beach, but sometimes I don’t play until after midnight.
3DS friend code: 1075-0729-0396
Currently Playing: Othello, Dominos, Chinese Checkers

User Info: DarkEmil

DarkEmil
1 month ago#48
RaisinBizzle posted...
Is gulliver guaranteed to come once a week and he stays until the day change? I haven’t seen him in about two weeks, And I always check the beach, but sometimes I don’t play until after midnight.
He isn't guaranteed to appear. The only ones who are guaranteed are Saharah, Leif and Kicks.

Jinoga
1 month ago#49
RaisinBizzle posted...
Like another poster said, Gulliver is not guaranteed. He stays until the day change AFAIK. You're actually able to block his spawn point if you have too many items blocking the shores of your beach, but your villagers will still comment that he's on your island. Removing said items will cause him to spawn.

Honestly, two weeks is kind of the norm when it comes to not seeing a specific visitor.

User Info: taylorcowbell

taylorcowbell
4 weeks ago#50
Man, why are saharah and kicks guaranteed visitors. Ive had those three, gulliver and label 3 weeks in a row I just want to make some models and have all of 3 pieces of art.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A