This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?

User Info: Jinoga

Jinoga
1 month ago#31
My boyfriend and I actually had Wisp today as well! That information is in the "Can more than one special visitor visit in one day?" answer, but looking back, I accidentally made a conflicting statement in the answer to "How does each special visitor appear?", since my implication was towards the special visitors that take up a special visitor slot throughout the week, but I didn't make that clear.
Ali from Starfoam | Nook Inc.'s Clown

User Info: L621

L621
1 month ago#32
Saharah & Wisp - No requirement, will appear at random from the get go after a few days of being on the island.

Wisp appeared the first day/night for me. I took a bunch of pictures of him (trying to get him fully in frame while not actually being able to get across the rivers yet to reach him) because I wasn't sure if there was an achievement/Nook miles sort of thing for getting a picture of him. I should still have the pictures, but not sure how I'd prove it was day 1 for me if you want proof of that?

Jinoga
1 month ago#33
@L621 You'll have to take a photo of it with a phone or something, but going into a screenshot in your album and checking its info by pressing A (editing and posting) will bring up the exact time and date the photo was posted. Comparing that with a photo of your passport showing when you got to the island would confirm it was day 1!

I do wonder if he is actually reachable on day one, or if he is always in portions of the island that you can never reach without obtaining the vaulting pole/ladder? He only ever appears on cliffs for me, but I want to ask if people have seen him on the ground. (If you have him on the ground I'd love a picture!) Going by how his spirit pieces scatter, as well, I'd assume it would give someone without those tools a really hard time if he IS interactable on day one.
(edited 1 month ago)

Jinoga
1 month ago#34
Some additional information regarding Redd has been found by Ninji and was posted on their Twitter.

https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1262931861501816838

Here's what was said on the thread:

The rates at which art can be real/fake is as follows:
10% - 1 fake, 3 real
30% - 2 fake, 2 real
50% - 3 fake, 1 real
10% - 4 fake, 0 real

In Redd's shop, there are 6 total item slots. Slots 1-4 being art, and slots 5-6 being two "rare" furniture items.

Slot's 1-2 will be paintings, and slots 3-4 will be either paintings or sculptures. Slots 2 and 3 will always be a small (1x1) item, while slots 1 and 4 can be any size.

For each real slot, there is a 20% chance that the game will guarantee you an art piece that you haven't donated yet to your museum.

As for the rare furniture items, slot 5 will only have 1x1 furniture, while slot 6 can have 1x1, 2x1, or 2x2 sizes.

These furniture items are only those with color variants that are sold in your Nook's shop, and will pick a random variant that isn't native to your island.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: yasoukyoku

yasoukyoku
1 month ago#35
Nice to see more details about special visitors datamined, but it is a pity that Leif's taking a guaranteed spot. Hopefully he loses that in the next update, now that Nature Day fortnight's over.

Jinoga posted...
The museum is seemingly a requirement, unless Ninji didn't obtain that information from the datamine and was guessing/assuming, but I don't think that is likely?
Datamining usually does require some level of interpretation. Does what you see really mean what you think it does? Have you accounted for all possibilities? and so on. It's also easy to make assumptions.
For one example: Mabel hasn't been mentioned here at all so far, despite appearing to be a special visitor; she sets up in the plaza and I never found anyone on the same day as Mabel.
My Mabel visits were on Sunday, Tuesday and Saturday.
So that experience suggests to me: Mabel was skipped over by Ninji, maybe as not important, or maybe possibly he used a post-Able's save file somehow in checking what days visitors appear.
Before K.K./Daisy Mae take over weekends, there can be at minimum Mabel on weekends, maybe Saharah appearing on weekends could be a similar case?

PS2Gamer posted...
I had him on my day 1.
I looked through my screenshots as I tend to take screenshots of everything, I also had Gulliver on March 20th.
In my case, I started at midnight, quickly did the tutorial and early stuff, laid out Blathers' tent kit before 5am, and after 5am I had Blathers' tent and Gulliver. (v1.0.0)
In Ninji's bcsv rips I've seen some bits label the museum levels as 1(tent)-> 2(museum)-> 3(+art), so maybe he saw a similar 'Museum1' and assumed it the full museum, rather than meaning the tent? May be something worth checking with him if you are in the same discord.
Whatever the case, can verify Gulliver can appear with the tent, though can't tell about before.

Jinoga posted...
I do wonder if he is actually reachable on day one, or if he is always in portions of the island that you can never reach without obtaining the vaulting pole/ladder? He only ever appears on cliffs for me, but I want to ask if people have seen him on the ground.
I've seen a Japanese Youtuber experiment with Wisp's spawn mechanism: https://www.you tube.com/watch?v=bTlcnj0i86s (space added to prevent auto-embed)
The results of the experiment were: He prefers a cliff in Row B; if there aren't any, he prefers a cliff anywhere; if there aren't any, he spawns anywhere randomly.
So if Wisp does appear on the day the airport is still closed, it would be impossible to reach him, you can't even go to another island to get a ladder/pole.

Also a couple more things I can suggest:
  • I think there are more visitors that leave before 5am?
A couple of days ago (v1.2.0a), I was working on other things, so only played slightly during the day to get the shop items, but spotted Saharah was my visitor. Came back after 1am, searched my island all over and couldn't find Saharah anywhere.
  • Celeste may have a spawn requirement too?
It's only text, which is weak evidence, but one of Isabelle's star rating comments is from Celeste, saying she followed her brother to the island. If that is supposed to be the case, Celeste shouldn't appear before Blathers.

Jinoga
1 month ago#36
@yasoukyoku I really think the guaranteed visitors need to be changed, as both Leif and Kicks at the very least seem to not be used by a fair bit of the community, and that visitors like Redd and Gulliver would be better as a guaranteed visit. Saharah's a big maybe because her stuff is pretty cool, but for the amount of times she can show up? Eeeeeh...

I'm assuming Mabel got skipped because she isn't really a special visitor, although I don't know whether to consider her a scripted one either. Her visits are random, but I believe they take priority/can overlap over the special visitors/doesn't know the laws of the universe in this game as having her appear is what is needed to unlock the shop. Regarding Saharah, the weekend bit comes from the official guide, but then the official guide says she only comes on weekdays so uh, this is a really grey area and I'm starting to like this guidebook a lot less.

I've asked this on the Discord, and while I'm told information from the guidebook, I think this is something that is correct since it correlates with what you've told me and would make the most sense.

https://i.imgur.com/sTSF1Zv.png

Ahh, thank you for the Wisp confirmation! I always wondered if I was forcing him to not spawn while I was terraforming my island and took down all my cliffs since I never saw him during those days, lol.

This totally flew by my head, but yes, Saharah leaves at midnight. I'm not sure of the other visitors, though C.J/Flick, Wisp, Celeste, Daisy Mae, K.K. (who leaves at midnight, found this out after I wrote this), Kicks (who leaves at 10pm, also found out after I wrote this) have their leaving times that I can confirm. I believe Gulliver and Redd leave after the day change. Label I am unsure of, as I honestly never hear much about her (other than how bad she is) and only had her once where I stopped playing the game around suppertime so I never checked myself if she left earlier. I want to say I remember seeing her around after midnight on someone else's island and am assuming she leaves like Redd and Gulliver, but my memory is incredibly foggy.

I don't believe it to be in the games code for the museum to be a Celeste requirement, as it seems to be just weather patterns that determine when she comes by. Since you can't get Isabelle before the museum, I'm assuming this is why she says that/is just flavor text.

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
1 month ago#37
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
Jinoga posted...
This totally flew by my head, but yes, Saharah leaves at midnight. I'm not sure of the other visitors, though C.J/Flick, Wisp, Celeste, Daisy Mae, K.K. (who leaves at midnight, found this out after I wrote this), Kicks (who leaves at 10pm, also found out after I wrote this) have their leaving times that I can confirm.
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right; are you saying that K.K. leaves at midnight, or that all those visitors you listed do? K.K. leaves at midnight, but not C.J. and Flick. They leave at 5 a.m.
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.

User Info: Awakened_Link

Awakened_Link
1 month ago#39
Jinoga posted...

This totally flew by my head, but yes, Saharah leaves at midnight. I'm not sure of the other visitors, though C.J/Flick, Wisp, Celeste, Daisy Mae, K.K. (who leaves at midnight, found this out after I wrote this), Kicks (who leaves at 10pm, also found out after I wrote this) have their leaving times that I can confirm. I believe Gulliver and Redd leave after the day change. Label I am unsure of, as I honestly never hear much about her (other than how bad she is) and only had her once where I stopped playing the game around suppertime so I never checked myself if she left earlier. I want to say I remember seeing her around after midnight on someone else's island and am assuming she leaves like Redd and Gulliver, but my memory is incredibly foggy.

I've been wondering if that was the case! I was hosting a meteor shower event on my island a few nights ago, and Sahara was my special visitor at the time, along with Celeste. I had both of them fenced in so people could talk to them. Then Sahara randomly vanished sometime in the night, even though Celeste stayed. I thought maybe interference from all the visitors coming and going got to her, or something.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Also, I'm almost certain Leif leaves at 10pm.
Add me on Switch! FC: SW-3465-2506-6411 | Nintendo Network ID: awakened_link37
Formerly known as Coleby

User Info: sir_readsalot

sir_readsalot
1 month ago#40
Jinoga posted...
Some additional information regarding Redd has been found by Ninji and was posted on their Twitter.

https://twitter.com/_Ninji/status/1262931861501816838

Here's what was said on the thread:

This is better than what I was fearing for Redd. I was worried that each individual piece of art had a 75% of being fake. That would put all fakes at like a 30% chance
FC: 3136-6701-5618
IGN: Daniel
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A