This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?

User Info: sir_readsalot

sir_readsalot
1 month ago#21
Question: when are the visitors for the week determined? Monday? I had Redd on Wednesday and he only had fakes.

I haven’t TT’ed yet in this game but after reading this it appears I probably won’t get him for another two weeks then.

If I go back to Wednesday, will Redd be there? And if he is, will I still get Label yesterday and Lief today? Or does TT’ing reset your queue?
FC: 3136-6701-5618
IGN: Daniel

User Info: Jinoga

Jinoga
1 month ago#22
@DarkEmil
This could be possible. Although I'm not going by actual datamined code in this case for Kicks, not having Ables might have acted as a dead slot like Saharah when you lack a house.

@X_Ayumi_X
The information is going by datamined code, which is conflicting with the official guide. I can't take anecdotal accounts to heart, so I'm going to need a screenshot of this. If this were to occur, though, I do wonder if it was due to a scripted event taking up Saharah's slot in the week, and her having to be in a weekend slot to make up for it. Then again, it's supposed to be determined on Monday, but maybe scripted events take priority and this can still occur? I have no idea.

@sir_readsalot
I asked this in the datamine discussion on the Discord, and I am told it is determined at Monday at 5am each week, so I believe Redd will still be there. However, my playstyle doesn't involve TT, so I cannot test this to be certain.
Ali from Starfoam | Nook Inc.'s Clown

User Info: PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer
1 month ago#23
Jinoga posted...
Gulliver - You must have the museum for him to appear.
I had him on my day 1.
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

Jinoga
1 month ago#24
@PS2Gamer Do you have any evidence of this being the case? I can't take anecdotal cases without a grain of salt due to the Mandela effect and I'd prefer to have screenshots to back things up. The museum is seemingly a requirement, unless Ninji didn't obtain that information from the datamine and was guessing/assuming, but I don't think that is likely?

User Info: PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer
1 month ago#25
Jinoga posted...
@PS2Gamer Do you have any evidence of this being the case? I can't take anecdotal cases without a grain of salt due to the Mandela effect and I'd prefer to have screenshots to back things up. The museum is seemingly a requirement, unless Ninji didn't obtain that information from the datamine and was guessing/assuming, but I don't think that is likely?
Not really. This was back on release day... I just remember him being on the beach next to the airport on my first day.
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
PS2Gamer posted...
Not really. This was back on release day... I just remember him being on the beach next to the airport on my first day.
I'm pretty sure I met him very early as well. He was definitely the first visitor I had. But as Jinoga said, we would need to actually prove this somehow, which I can't. Anecdotical evidence won't do. Now I wish I saved my gaming diary notes I made the first two weeks after release...

On a different note, Wisp does not appear at 7 p.m. as the first post says. He appears at 8 p.m. I have noticed this before, and I have checked my town every evening the last week between 7 and 8 p.m. Today, I searched my town thoroughly after 7 p.m., then again at 7.30. (Obviously, I refresh the area by entering and exiting a building before every search.) After 8 p.m., he finally appeared tonight.
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.

Jinoga
1 month ago#27
Master Of Majora posted...
On a different note, Wisp does not appear at 7 p.m. as the first post says. He appears at 8 p.m. I have noticed this before, and I have checked my town every evening the last week between 7 and 8 p.m. Today, I searched my town thoroughly after 7 p.m., then again at 7.30. (Obviously, I refresh the area by entering and exiting a building before every search.) After 8 p.m., he finally appeared tonight.

Ahh heck, that was a brain fart on my part! I really wish you could edit your posts at any time. ;w; I'll add that to my corrections list, thank you!

User Info: B4ND

B4ND
1 month ago#28
So Redd only can show up two days of the week and he has to fight for it with other special villagers.?
I don't understand why they didn't just make him a random spawn once per week that ignores other special villagers, he's got his own special spawn point for christ's sake so it's not like he'd get in the way. This on top of him being able to sell all fakes the week he shows up is some serious bulls***.

User Info: Awakened_Link

Awakened_Link
1 month ago#29
Jinoga posted...
How does each special visitor appear?

As mentioned above, they only appear after certain conditions are met. As well, these special visitors will NOT appear on weekends, and will only appear once a week (if not scripted).

Hey, just a head's up, Wisp is currently on my island. I don't TT, so it's still Sunday here. Not sure if this has been addressed yet but figured I'd share.

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/7/1/8/AAMJBhAAAd9e.jpg
Add me on Switch! FC: SW-3465-2506-6411 | Nintendo Network ID: awakened_link37
Formerly known as Coleby
(edited 1 month ago)
Yes, Celeste and Wisp can appear on weekends. I had Wisp yesterday (Sunday) evening as well. It's the other visitors (Saharah, Kicks, Flick, Redd, etc) that won't appear on weekends, unless scripted.
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Special Visitors - How Does It Work?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A