This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. What are ways people have been griefing online?

User Info: huntersfightert

huntersfightert
11 months ago#1
Griefing sucks, what are ways you’ve been griefed, have seen or heard about?

User Info: amgoosehjonk

amgoosehjonk
11 months ago#2
Running through/picking flowers.
Picking up everything that isn't nailed down (don't leave fossils on the ground, kids!)
Conversely, littering (especially bad on 5-star islands)
Buying out the back items in the store (there's only 1 a day)
Picking weeds when they're obviously put there on purpose.
Animal Crossing enthusiast. Smash amateur. Writes a lot. Monika is best girl, shut your mouth.
Corn/K. Rool/Greninja main. Will compose town tunes; PM me.

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
11 months ago#3
i leave a boot on your island
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: Riful

Riful
11 months ago#4
Jumping in line for NPC interactions by standing there and spamming the A button while the person who reached them first clearly hasn't finished their business.

User Info: HeroGod

HeroGod
11 months ago#5
amgoosehjonk posted...

What's wrong with that? If you haven't bought them yourself before someone visits then they should be free to buy them since you clearly didn't want them.
The official Badass Wurmple of GameFaqs!

User Info: silentgrace7

silentgrace7
11 months ago#6
It’s never really occurred to me to do something like this.

but if I were to do so, I would leave miscellaneous things (trash, twigs, wood, etc) hidden in areas around their island. Like behind trees, behind major cliffs, anywhere hard to see and not quite intuitive (ie: don’t drop the twigs behind trees, etc).

then later chuckle as they complain that their ratings dropped and they have no clue why.

User Info: Backdraft420

Backdraft420
11 months ago#7
HeroGod posted...
What's wrong with that? If you haven't bought them yourself before someone visits then they should be free to buy them since you clearly didn't want them.
Yeah, take this off. If you open your island with that stuff we assume you don't want it.
Switch name: Backdraft IGN: Jay
FC: SW-2153-0870-4046 ACNH: Northern Hemisphere

User Info: Riful

Riful
11 months ago#8
HeroGod posted...
I try to avoid doing that to new players. I once asked someone why is was still there and they admitted they just didn't have the bells to buy it yet.

But yeah, if you're rolling around in mint from 99k entrance fees I assume its fair game.

User Info: MDS2005

MDS2005
11 months ago#9
the closest thing to griefing i wanted to do was put a Pattern that's just seven green lines made to look like Loss in a friend's town.
I couldn't of course.
Cats.

User Info: Crimsonhead4

Crimsonhead4
11 months ago#10
amgoosehjonk posted...
Running through/picking flowers.
Picking up everything that isn't nailed down (don't leave fossils on the ground, kids!)
Conversely, littering (especially bad on 5-star islands)
Picking weeds when they're obviously put there on purpose.

i would say the last two are not griefing. If you haven’t checked your own nook store prior to opening your gates then it’s your own fault if someone buys one of the limited items. Also I tend to pick weeds for people to help them out, especially if they are new. with all the TT going around though it’s probably a lost cause.

GT: crimsonhead4
Top 5 favorite games: Mass Effect 3 (MP), ESO, Fallout 4, State of Decay, Civilization Revolution
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. What are ways people have been griefing online?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A