This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. All Tool Durabilities + Durability Infographics

User Info: MASTERshokoy

MASTERshokoy
2 months ago#61
King_Yoshius_IV posted...

Three tips when using tools related to durability:
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/9/9/AAYFkMAAAUEX.jpg
1. When playing couch co-op multiplayer, the second player's tools cannot break since they cannot view the tool destruction event.
2. Customization Kits replace the tool they customize, fully repairing their durability.
3. Vaulting Poles, Ladders, and Wands have infinite durability.

For #1, the tool cannot break but can someone confirm if they still lose durability? Will the durability still go down and stay at 1% or will the durability remain unchanged as long as player 2 is using it?

User Info: King_Yoshius_IV

King_Yoshius_IV
2 months ago#62
MASTERshokoy posted...
For #1, the tool cannot break but can someone confirm if they still lose durability? Will the durability still go down and stay at 1% or will the durability remain unchanged as long as player 2 is using it?

The durability will hover at 1 use left. This is because non-leader players can't view the tool breaking cutscene. However, if they become the leader or if the leader gains possession of the tool and then uses it in a way that will cause it to lose durability, it'll break immediately.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons -
Name: Alby. Island Name: Dino Island.

User Info: kazooie959

kazooie959
2 months ago#63
What about friends coming over and watering your flowers if you already watered them? You get the bonus to cross breeding but would it count against the watering can durability?
I am the great Kazoo! FEAR THE FEATHERS!!!

King_Yoshius_IV
2 months ago#64
kazooie959 posted...
What about friends coming over and watering your flowers if you already watered them? You get the bonus to cross breeding but would it count against the watering can durability?

Ah, I think the game tracks flowers watered not by the flower but by if the player watering has previously watered the flower. This means that already-watered flowers by other players still deal damage to a new player's watering can. I got a friend to water my plants and even though I had watered them all already, she broke 3 of her cans watering them herself.

King_Yoshius_IV
2 months ago#65
Seeing that Nintendo has changed some of the rules for durability loss in Axes and Shovels (Fruit Boost will now destroy tools instead of keeping them suspended at 1 durability in all scenarios where Fruit Boost is used) and there are new scenarios that require answers, I might have to remake this thread soon.

In the meantime, keep asking questions! I'm finding new and interesting scenarios in the comments here and any additional engagement is improving everything here.

If and when I do post an updated version of this thread, be sure to request a sticky for that thread as well. Thanks, everyone!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
2 months ago#66
Possibly dumb question: can fleas break tools? If I remember correctly, those usually force you into dialogue immediately after catching them, which nothing else does.
If you disagree with the above post, it isn't for you.
Luckily it's free so you can't complain about it either.

User Info: ImnotOasisGamer

ImnotOasisGamer
2 months ago#67
Limit_2 posted...
Possibly dumb question: can fleas break tools? If I remember correctly, those usually force you into dialogue immediately after catching them, which nothing else does.
Probably not. It does sound like it might, but it could keep it at 1% because of the cutscene from catching the flea.
Currently training to become the Ice Type Gym Leader of the Ever Grande City League.
Best Eeveelution is Glaceon, you can't change my mind.

King_Yoshius_IV
2 months ago#68
Limit_2 posted...

ImnotOasisGamer posted...
Probably not. It does sound like it might, but it could keep it at 1% because of the cutscene from catching the flea.

That's actually not a dumb question at all. There's the possibility that it interrupts the dialogue box making it so that the break animation might not play. I'm going to assume that it still does damage to the net though. I'll get a flimsy net to 1 durability and give it a try later when my villagers are awake.
I'm pretty sure it breaks after you catch the Flea, but before the dialog with the Villager activates. It has happened to me at least once.
"There is no cloud. It's just someone else's computer." -- Unknown
Proud feminist and Nintendo fanboy.

User Info: kirbyakaZ

kirbyakaZ
2 months ago#70
I just had a flea break my net.
  1. Catch
  2. Show off
  3. Break net
  4. Thanks conversation
<("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)(>")><("<)
Kirby Dance
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. All Tool Durabilities + Durability Infographics
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A