This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. All Tool Durabilities + Durability Infographics

User Info: King_Yoshius_IV

King_Yoshius_IV
3 months ago#31
Gargomon251 posted...
Okay but do nets/shovels lose durability when popping balloons?

...THEY CAN DO THAT?
Animal Crossing: New Horizons -
Name: Alby. Island Name: Dino Island.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#32
King_Yoshius_IV posted...
...THEY CAN DO THAT?
https://twitter.com/play_with_Liz/status/1246467119941693440

This was also a thing in New Leaf.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
Apparently, GF mods are allowed to ignore valid reports.
(edited 3 months ago)

King_Yoshius_IV
3 months ago#33
Gargomon251 posted...
https://twitter.com/play_with_Liz/status/1246467119941693440

This was also a thing in New Leaf.

Guess I gotta get around to testing that too ._.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 months ago#34
King_Yoshius_IV posted...
Guess I gotta get around to testing that too ._.
Given the difficulty, I would be surprised if that cost durability. Presents don't fly nearly as close to cliffs as they did in New Leaf.

Also, idk if axe works.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
Apparently, GF mods are allowed to ignore valid reports.

User Info: LumaRosalina

LumaRosalina
3 months ago#35
High quality topic
''The internet is the world's most valuable resource!'' -SMG3
"The suffering of others is the most amusing thing there is." -King Dedede

User Info: hiddenmask1

hiddenmask1
3 months ago#36
I'm 98% certain the flimsy axe is 30, not 40 (exactly 10 trees). Also, I'm pretty sure the reason the fishing rod seems to have less sometimes is because catching big fish uses more durability.

User Info: SirPikachu

SirPikachu
3 months ago#37
Thanks for the info. It's so incredibly stupid how utterly pointless golden tools are. You only get 2 or 3 times the use and you have to waste a gold nugget, and you can't customize. What the hell were they thinking?
3DS FC: 4656 9282 1616
Everyone call me elf monster

King_Yoshius_IV
3 months ago#38
hiddenmask1 posted...
I'm 98% certain the flimsy axe is 30, not 40 (exactly 10 trees). Also, I'm pretty sure the reason the fishing rod seems to have less sometimes is because catching big fish uses more durability.

And I'm 100% certain the flimsy axe is 40.

The Flimsy Axe and all non-golden axes always break with 1 use into a tree and each tree takes 3 hits to get all the wood from them. This means that it can't possibly be 30 since it'd have to break on the last hit of the axe on a tree, given that you don't waste hits by hitting the same tree more than 3 times.

I just checked again right now to confirm an update from Nintendo didn't shadow-nerf the tool's durability. I'm unsure but extremely doubtful there would be regional differences between the durabilities of tools.

Remember that hitting a tree or a rock will take durability from axes, regardless of whether a resource comes out of it or not!

As for the Flimsy Fishing Rod durability, I'll definitely give that a test. I never considered the idea that a fish's size could impact the durability.

User Info: Shiga

Shiga
3 months ago#39
I just had a co-worker tell me he went to customize his watering can, went to water his plants, and it broke on first use.

Has the customization resetting durability been changed so it carries over that value from the original tool?
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[Switch: SW-1261-3368-9518] | [3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714]

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
3 months ago#40
Somebody please get this gentleman a gold medal...
"You will be missed, Alpha Dream. You will be missed", my feedback for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 survey
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. All Tool Durabilities + Durability Infographics
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A