This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. The new resident homes are huge!

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
3 days ago#1
The amount of land you need for the 3 new houses after the store is massive! More than double the space when you were setting down a tent! Why in the world are these homes so ridiculously massive?

User Info: chief606

chief606
3 days ago#2
They aren't. The house is the same size, but there needs to be room for the outdoor furniture.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Riful

Riful
3 days ago#3
I thought the same thing. Had to clear out too many trees for my liking in order to fit them. Thankfully, much of the plot is the land that surrounds their house, which you can decorate and plant stuff on to your heart's content.

My neighbors do a good job of watering the flowers near their houses so that's a plus.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: kelparoo

kelparoo
3 days ago#4
For the record, I measured my last unfilled plot this morning, and since once you remove the furniture from their houses (which they don't even notice) and move them late their houses are the same size as everyone elses, all villager house plots apparently plot out to 4x4 when measured with holes dug by a shovel.

In case anyone needs measurements for planning needs.

User Info: Joflyer

Joflyer
3 days ago#5
Riful posted...
I thought the same thing. Had to clear out too many trees for my liking in order to fit them. Thankfully, much of the plot is the land that surrounds their house, which you can decorate and plant stuff on to your heart's content.

My neighbors do a good job of watering the flowers near their houses so that's a plus.

I'm glad to know! I had plans for how I wanted to build my island, but if every villagers home was gonna be some 16x16(?) behemoth, that completely threw a wrench into things.

If its just clearing out that plot to do things with at my leisure, that much more manageable. Still annoying I have to clear so many trees, but eh, I'll live

User Info: RicewarriorZ

RicewarriorZ
3 days ago#6
Luckily, this is the only time where the game will ask you place property with those ridiculous space requirements.

Why they bothered to make you go through this when it no longer becomes a relevant thing is beyond me.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. The new resident homes are huge!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A