This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. How many potential residents can I invite from Mystery Tours?

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 days ago#1
So I had done mystery tours, and the first 3 I did had folks that I could invite (and now I have 5 total residence), but after that, I haven't seen any more. In fact, I'm noticing that I only ever land on islands that I've already visited. Is this a limitation of the game, or am I just getting extremely bad luck? The Residential Services has been upgraded, and I also got my campfire down for visitors, but my island tours are coming up with nothing now.
You know, fish can hear you thinking just before you sneeze...

User Info: MrTuna

MrTuna
3 days ago#2
You need to make more housing plots in order to invite new people
PC and Nintendo Switch

DiscostewSM
3 days ago#3
I guess that's different from the first 3 I invited, which was simply inviting them, then Tom had me go out to find spots for them. Thanks.

User Info: MrTuna

MrTuna
3 days ago#4
DiscostewSM posted...
I guess that's different from the first 3 I invited, which was simply inviting them, then Tom had me go out to find spots for them. Thanks.

The game fails to follow its own rules

PC and Nintendo Switch

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
3 days ago#5
I'm confused though because I thought plots got reserved by randoms overnight. Do you have to make a plot then go on Mystery Tours that same day before the next day's 5 a.m. rollover?
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
3 days ago#6
ya you only get 3 until you get more plots from tom nooks, after you place more plots they start to spawn again and they arent personality locked anymore so imo its best to wait until you get those extra plots so you can try to get your dreamies, def dont even talk to the ones you dont want cause they can move in if you talk to them
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

User Info: kelparoo

kelparoo
3 days ago#7
It seems to vary how quickly the plots get filled in my experience. I have one plot left that's been unfilled since Sunday and it's now Thursday, but all the rest of my plots filled up within a day or two.

But yeah, the last of the villagers don't unlock until you've moved in your first camper villager, then you're able to buy more plots and animals start showing up on islands again.

DiscostewSM
3 days ago#8
For some reason, even after upgrading the Residential Service building, I'm not getting the option for additional plots. Is that time-based? Almost 5pm in-game.

User Info: kelparoo

kelparoo
3 days ago#9
Have you built the camp yet? You need to invite the camper that visits before they unlock.

User Info: ChewedMint

ChewedMint
3 days ago#10
piranhapete posted...
I'm confused though because I thought plots got reserved by randoms overnight. Do you have to make a plot then go on Mystery Tours that same day before the next day's 5 a.m. rollover?
This is what I was wondering too, and I assume the answer is yes
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. How many potential residents can I invite from Mystery Tours?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A