This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
2 days ago#11
coconutarmy1 posted...
Resident services is done! Seems like there's a bit more to do before we're done with these checklists.

Today:

Go in and say hi to the new resident services! Tom Nook can now do landscaping stuff, so if you're feeling up to it, you can finally build a ramp up to top parts of the town. Glorious. I'm currently saving up to pay for a brick staircase.

Get the materials to build a campsite. I also put it up top, so Tom Nook will be forced to work on the ramp first before he can do anything else. Diabolical stuff, I know.

Say hi to your villagers as always. I also recommend sending them letters with gifts attached if possible.

Check the Nook points machine. It should have you set up for maximum time with a hefty bonus regardless of how frequently you were checking in.

Enjoy finally having multiple music tracks. Background music is fun again!

Stuff you should be doing whenever you can!!!

Buy stuff from Nook's Cranny to eventually upgrade it.

Donate all your fossils.

Whenever Mabel comes into town, buy a ton of stuff. My understanding is she needs 5,000 bells worth of purchases over the course of at least two visits, and on the third visit, she'll offer to set up the Able Sisters' shop permanently.

WAIT a minute!!! Something doesn't add up. I'm on Day 7. Today I got the 3rd new villager of the 3 houses you build and Tom Nook informed me that Resident Services was getting an upgrade. However, this upgrade takes 2 days. Therefore....tomorrow on Day 8, it'll be in the process of building.

How is it that you have it fully built on Day 8?

And as far as Mabel goes, I bought atleast 5000 Bells worth of stuff on the first day she set up her cart. Does that not count?
Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX (NS), Nioh 2 (PS4), DOOM Eternal (XB1), Animal Crossing (NS)
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: DarcKage

DarcKage
2 days ago#12
cloud_8f8f posted...

And as far as Mabel goes, I bought atleast 5000 Bells worth of stuff on the first day she set up her cart. Does that not count?

Mabel needs to visit your island at least three times.

3DS FC: 2578-4335-5034

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
2 days ago#13
cloud_8f8f posted...
Day 1: Start the game, pay off your first loan, donate s*** to Nook
Day 2: Begin setting up the shop, donate 15 things to Blathers
Day 3: Shop should be open. Place bridge, place three plots for animals.
Day 4: Villager 3 in boxes
Day 5: Villager 3 moved in, Villager 4 in boxes
Day 6: Villager 4 moved in, Villager 5 in boxes
Day 7: Villager 5 moved in, residential services closed
Day 8: Town hall open, campsite placed
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
2 days ago#14
DarcKage posted...
Mabel needs to visit your island at least three times.
mabel hasn't come to my island in half a week, rip

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
2 days ago#15
mabel seems really random, i already gotten her 2x but since she already appeared on mon this week i dont think she appears again until next week unless they changed that from new leaf.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
2 days ago#16
cloud_8f8f posted...
WAIT a minute!!! Something doesn't add up. I'm on Day 7. Today I got the 3rd new villager of the 3 houses you build and Tom Nook informed me that Resident Services was getting an upgrade. However, this upgrade takes 2 days. Therefore....tomorrow on Day 8, it'll be in the process of building.

Resident Service's upgrade takes 1 day. Also, Mabel needs to visit twice, money notwithstanding. You'll need to buy from her again on the second trip, and I think she's supposed to be ready to go by third trip.

As for her schedule, my understanding is that she appears both weekend days and then on one random weekday after you complete Nook's Cranny, but for most people this schedule will only really persist for about a week.
Official Emperor of this board. Bow before me, peasants.

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
2 days ago#17
Limit_2 posted...
Day 1: Start the game, pay off your first loan, donate s*** to Nook
Day 2: Begin setting up the shop, donate 15 things to Blathers
Day 3: Shop should be open. Place bridge, place three plots for animals.
Day 4: Villager 3 in boxes
Day 5: Villager 3 moved in, Villager 4 in boxes
Day 6: Villager 4 moved in, Villager 5 in boxes
Day 7: Villager 5 moved in, residential services closed
Day 8: Town hall open, campsite placed

Hmm....wait. I think I spent 2 days furnishing the 3 houses actually.
Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon DX (NS), Nioh 2 (PS4), DOOM Eternal (XB1), Animal Crossing (NS)

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
2 days ago#18
cloud_8f8f posted...
Hmm....wait. I think I spent 2 days furnishing the 3 houses actually.
It's okay. I'm giving optimal checklists, but you don't have to do everything the moment it's available. This is supposed to be a relaxing game.
Official Emperor of this board. Bow before me, peasants.

User Info: Stezey

Stezey
2 days ago#19
what, where do I unlock the music tracks? don't see that option anywhere
3926-9849-8033 FC ! Playing Pokemon Sun

User Info: Cat333Pokemon

Cat333Pokemon
2 days ago#20
The hourly tunes start playing once the Resident Services building is finished.
Am I a cat, or am I a Zoroark?
http://www.lycanroc.net/ ~ New 2DS: 5387-4036-7266 ~ Switch: SW-7492-8451-7322
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A