This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: coconutarmy1

coconutarmy1
3 days ago#1
Resident services is done! Seems like there's a bit more to do before we're done with these checklists.

Today:

Go in and say hi to the new resident services! Tom Nook can now do landscaping stuff, so if you're feeling up to it, you can finally build a ramp up to top parts of the town. Glorious. I'm currently saving up to pay for a brick staircase.

Get the materials to build a campsite. I also put it up top, so Tom Nook will be forced to work on the ramp first before he can do anything else. Diabolical stuff, I know.

Say hi to your villagers as always. I also recommend sending them letters with gifts attached if possible.

Check the Nook points machine. It should have you set up for maximum time with a hefty bonus regardless of how frequently you were checking in.

Enjoy finally having multiple music tracks. Background music is fun again!

Stuff you should be doing whenever you can!!!

Buy stuff from Nook's Cranny to eventually upgrade it.

Donate all your fossils.

Whenever Mabel comes into town, buy a ton of stuff. My understanding is she needs 5,000 bells worth of purchases over the course of at least two visits, and on the third visit, she'll offer to set up the Able Sisters' shop permanently.
Official Emperor of this board. Bow before me, peasants.

User Info: Cat333Pokemon

Cat333Pokemon
3 days ago#2
coconutarmy1 posted...
Check the Nook points machine. It should have you set up for maximum time with a hefty bonus regardless of how frequently you were checking in.

Also, buy the inventory expansion while you're there if you have the 8,000 miles to spare. (You're gonna want to save these up because the terraforming goodies are apparently expensive.)
Am I a cat, or am I a Zoroark?
http://www.lycanroc.net/ ~ New 2DS: 5387-4036-7266 ~ Switch: SW-7492-8451-7322

coconutarmy1
3 days ago#3
Cat333Pokemon posted...
Also, buy the inventory expansion while you're there if you have the 8,000 miles to spare. (You're gonna want to save these up because the terraforming goodies are apparently expensive.)
Got it, but I didn't want to put it as a requirement because it's not explicitly necessary.

User Info: DarcKage

DarcKage
3 days ago#4
What's different about sending villagers gifts through letter instead of giving it to them in person when the option's there?
3DS FC: 2578-4335-5034

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 days ago#5
I keep forgetting that some people got the game on the 19th.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
Apparently, GameFAQs mods are allowed to ignore reports.

User Info: danmiy12

danmiy12
3 days ago#6
some also started midnight if digital and the game rolls over at 5am so you can reach day 2 when some others started 1 day later.
super mario maker 2 maker id:GFH-MCB-51H
Monster hunter HH Main 20k+ uses over 5 games/ switch fc SW-7322-5459-7505

coconutarmy1
3 days ago#7
DarcKage posted...
What's different about sending villagers gifts through letter instead of giving it to them in person when the option's there?
From what I can tell, there's a set amount of friendship points a villager can gain in a day. Letters with gifts add onto that, I think. Plus you get Nook Miles for it, and sometimes they send gifts back.

User Info: endergamer537

endergamer537
3 days ago#8
Cat333Pokemon posted...
The cliff construction permit and waterscaping permit are 6000 Miles each. You start with two path permits, grass and dirt; every other path permit is unlocked for 2000 Miles each.

Source:
https://bit.ly/2y6PH7X

It's not actually too bad. You can rack up enough for the two major permits relatively easily in a day just with Nook Miles+.
Switch FC: SW-5846-7581-7691 | Maker ID: JNQ-K1K-MXG
ACNH: King @ Kirschland

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
3 days ago#9
danmiy12 posted...
some also started midnight if digital and the game rolls over at 5am so you can reach day 2 when some others started 1 day later.
Close enough. It's still "thursday" as far as the game is concerned until 5am.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi
Apparently, GameFAQs mods are allowed to ignore reports.

coconutarmy1
3 days ago#10
endergamer537 posted...
The cliff construction permit and waterscaping permit are 6000 Miles each. You start with two path permits, grass and dirt; every other path permit is unlocked for 2000 Miles each.

Source:
https://bit.ly/2y6PH7X

It's not actually too bad. You can rack up enough for the two major permits relatively easily in a day just with Nook Miles+.
Yeah. I'll save up today. I think paying off that ramp might give some miles too.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A