This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. How can you TTers not see it as objectively cheating? Honestly?

User Info: DarkRiku0

DarkRiku0
1 week ago#1
This bastardization of the new AC game is insane, it's everywhere right now. This never happened with New Leaf. I was working in an environment surrounded by gamers at the time of NL's release and nobody was talking about changing the time because they couldn't wait/the shops were closed.
The f*** is going on this time around?

If you have to go into the SYSTEM SETTINGS....to change the time....it's obviously not how the game was meant to be played. If I was a game developer for this game I'd be so embarrassed looking at the international community for this. Just saying, here in Japan nobody thinks of doing something like that cause they get the spirit of the game and how its meant to be played and meanwhile in the west everyone is being an impatient a******.
You wanna TT? Go ahead, but don't go around defending it let alone starting a god damn movement about it. This is NOT how the game is meant to be played. I don't see how you can argue that. You wanna play a game where shops dont close in real time? Pick up Harvest Moon or The Sims, I dont f***ing know, but this is and how Animal Crossing always was.

User Info: TheAzure

TheAzure
1 week ago#2
Imagine getting this worked up over animal crossing. Who cares how you play the game or what you think. Go play the game instead of crying here.

User Info: HI_Phazon24

HI_Phazon24
1 week ago#3
TheAzure posted...
Imagine getting this worked up over animal crossing. Who cares how you play the game or what you think. Go play the game instead of crying here.
This.

You need to understand TC, no one gives a ****.

I don’t mean that to attack you, it’s just... It doesn’t impact your experience, so you have no right to complain.

This isn’t an online shooter. Your gameplay and your progression is not being impacted in any way.

What? Does it “piss you off” to see Royal Crown threads on the trade board?

There’s no victim here aside from TTers themselves who encounter glitches.

Get your hand out of other people’s cookie jar dude. Basic ****ing manners. Your mother really ought to have taught you that.
Meatball! Meatball! Spaghetti underneath! Ravioli! Ravioli! Great Barrier Reef!

User Info: The_Altrox

The_Altrox
1 week ago#4
TheAzure posted...

HI_Phazon24 posted...

These. Take a deep breath, TC.
http://giant.gfycat.com/CircularReadyFlatfish.gif
http://gifs.gifbin.com/2003839490.gif

User Info: DarkRiku0

DarkRiku0
1 week ago#5
HI_Phazon24 posted...
This.

I don’t mean that to attack you, it’s just... It doesn’t impact your experience, so you have no right to complain.

This isn’t an online shooter. Your gameplay and your progression is not being impacted in any way.

What? Does it “piss you off” to see Royal Crown threads on the trade board?

There’s no victim here aside from TTers themselves who encounter glitches.

Get your hand out of other people’s cookie jar dude. Basic ****ing manners. Your mother really ought to have taught you that.

It's being pushed everywhere, from big gaming youtubers, its on twitter, reddit, its everywhere man. People defending it like its a game mechanic meant to be taken advantage of. That's why me and people like me are getting so sick of it. You can't escape it right now.I'm sorry if I come off as very harsh about it.

User Info: HI_Phazon24

HI_Phazon24
1 week ago#6
DarkRiku0 posted...
It's being pushed everywhere, from big gaming youtubers, its on twitter, reddit, its everywhere man. People defending it like its a game mechanic meant to be taken advantage of. That's why me and people like me are getting so sick of it. You can't escape it right now. That's why. I'm sorry if I come off as very harsh about it.
Why are you immersing yourself in content that upsets you? Separate yourself from it.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is an exploit, it is not the way the game was intended to be played. Now, yes, in the last several installments the developers have recognized that it happens. They have implemented features, such as turnip spoilage when the date goes backwards, or numerous adjustments to prevent TTing from causing game breaking errors. It is still in essence cheating the game. I’m with you there.

Having said that, it’s not your game. Do not presume to tell me what I’m going to do with my 60$. Unless it has a direct and implicit effect on you. That mindset is immature and, more importantly, unrealistic.

Streamer uses TT? Watch a different streamer. YOutuber uses TT? Watch a different video. Reddit post that reads “TT is a balanced mechanic and should be mandatory to progress meaningfully” Drop a **** post for the lulz and keep walking.

These people and their opinions do not matter to you. At all. They could die tomorrow and you would not know or care. Trust me when I say, they all feel the same way about you.
Meatball! Meatball! Spaghetti underneath! Ravioli! Ravioli! Great Barrier Reef!

User Info: shadowhippo1986

shadowhippo1986
1 week ago#7
HI_Phazon24 posted...
Why are you immersing yourself in content that upsets you? Separate yourself from it.

I agree wholeheartedly that it is an exploit, it is not the way the game was intended to be played. Now, yes, in the last several installments the developers have recognized that it happens. They have implemented features, such as turnip spoilage when the date goes backwards, or numerous adjustments to prevent TTing from causing game breaking errors. It is still in essence cheating the game. I’m with you there.

Having said that, it’s not your game. Do not presume to tell me what I’m going to do with my 60$. Unless it has a direct and implicit effect on you. That mindset is immature and, more importantly, unrealistic.

Streamer uses TT? Watch a different streamer. YOutuber uses TT? Watch a different video. Reddit post that reads “TT is a balanced mechanic and should be mandatory to progress meaningfully” Drop a **** post for the lulz and keep walking.

These people and their opinions do not matter to you. At all. They could die tomorrow and you would not know or care. Trust me when I say, they all feel the same way about you.
This 100%

User Info: ktribal

ktribal
1 week ago#8
LOL why do you care how other people play their games
Mii and IGN always - Karly - 0232 7524 0672
NH: 5468-4461-7021

User Info: Puglia77

Puglia77
1 week ago#9
DarkRiku0 posted...
This never happened with New Leaf.

Yes it did.
https://imgur.com/yYU21qA https://imgur.com/efCXjoE
https://imgur.com/SDqG3wB https://imgur.com/WDn4cdN

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
1 week ago#10
Don't worry about it TC, they'll be gone before long.

Hunker down and enjoy the growth of your town.
No nothing no creole.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. How can you TTers not see it as objectively cheating? Honestly?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A