This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Shop goes from 24/7 to a rigid schedule...

User Info: Bal_Sett

Bal_Sett
1 week ago#1
This is possibly the worst idea I have ever seen in a video game. This is my first AC game and I was really enjoying it and was super excited for the shop to be built. Now the day comes and it is open but apparently it is no longer 24/7. So when my wife logs in at 11:30pm, she can't buy DIY recipes that I have already got like the freaking ladder.

If they establish that the shop was always going to be on a schedule then I would have been more acclimated to the idea, but to give a convenient feature and then take it away is beyond stupid.

I don't care if this is always what it was like in past AC games, this was a bad decision among many others like having to go through several dialog boxes to buy, craft or eat things.

I don't get it. The game is marketed as relaxing but I find it more frustrating than Nioh 2 and Sekiro. This game gives me anxiety.
DD:DA (Switch)
Pawn Info: Nikki // lvl 109+ // Ranger Pawn ID: 4DC9 - 4I8A - DC26

User Info: darklao

darklao
1 week ago#2
Why don’t you just buy them for her? Send them in a letter.

Bal_Sett
1 week ago#3
darklao posted...
Why don’t you just buy them for her? Send them in a letter.

I would have done that but I took a nap and it was too late. I just thought the developers would at least keep the shop owners in the tent after hours to at least buy recipes.

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 week ago#4
I'm also enjoying the game, but yeah, it's Nintendo game design.

Big step forward, several stupid steps, that you wonder why the f*** are they doing that, backwards. Crafting multiple items? Naw man, do it one at a time. Want to pull out a stack of 20 of something? Naw man, do it one at a time.

"It's like that in all AC" said the f***ing drones.

User Info: The_shoemaker

The_shoemaker
1 week ago#5
Yeah weird choice for sure.

Bal_Sett
1 week ago#6
MightyBaconX posted...
Crafting multiple items? Naw man, do it one at a time. Want to pull out a stack of 20 of something? Naw man, do it one at a time.

Lol! Yes exactly!!! It is such a small thing that is available in most games but nonexistent in this game where you'll arguably be spending more time crafting and inventory managing.

User Info: Xenesis Xenon

Xenesis Xenon
1 week ago#7
The inventory management could use some quality of life improvements that's for sure.

One I'd really love is that for tools if you've got the materials for the base tool (e.g. 5 sticks) and the upgrade items (e.g. iron ore) you could just craft the tool in one shot.
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled Advance Wars community on the web.

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
1 week ago#8
Bal_Sett posted...
Lol! Yes exactly!!! It is such a small thing that is available in most games but nonexistent in this game where you'll arguably be spending more time crafting and inventory managing.

I've had f***ing idiots tell me along the line of, "it's not that type of game where you do things fast, you're suppose to take your time with it". I'm like, b**** please, streamlining basic inventory management and crafting system should be in every game.

User Info: FrozzenX

FrozzenX
1 week ago#9
Bal_Sett posted...
This game gives me anxiety.

It must be nice to have so little to worry about that a trivial video game can give you anxiety.
Over react much?

Bal_Sett
1 week ago#10
FrozzenX posted...
It must be nice to have so little to worry about that a trivial video game can give you anxiety.
Over react much?

Drop it. Games can be frustrating and cause a range of emotions. This is completely separate type of anxiety that I would get from things happening in my life. This is a game board, not some blog or self improvement forum.

Also, lookup hyperbole
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Shop goes from 24/7 to a rigid schedule...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A