This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.

User Info: l33t_iRk3n_Rm33

l33t_iRk3n_Rm33
3 months ago#71
Does a secondary player talking to a villager prevent them from leaving when the RR is deliberately giving them the cold shoulder?
Supporting Ashley for Smash til the day I die. Or the day she's added. So yeah, the day I die.
http://i.imgur.com/QiEb7.jpg

User Info: Sugand

Sugand
3 months ago#72
Jump_Fangirl posted...
Have you gotten them? It seems like fruit are supposed to be exclusively taught to you by Nook based on the island.

I'm playing as a second player and my native fruit is apple. I didn't get the initial fruit furniture that the first player received from Nook.

Today, I just received the apple television recipe from one of the villagers. They were in their house building stuff and I talked to them and they gave me the recipe.
Please bring back Nishino to Gamba!

User Info: Limit_2

Limit_2
3 months ago#73
l33t_iRk3n_Rm33 posted...
Does a secondary player talking to a villager prevent them from leaving when the RR is deliberately giving them the cold shoulder?
Ignoring a villager, regardless of which player is doing it, does nothing to get people to leave. It might actually keep them in your town longer if you miss the moving prompt.

Which then creates a follow-up question: can villagers ask Player 2 to leave, and if so, will they still ask Player 1?

User Info: Heropon_Riki

Heropon_Riki
3 months ago#74
Limit_2 posted...
Ignoring a villager, regardless of which player is doing it, does nothing to get people to leave. It might actually keep them in your town longer if you miss the moving prompt.

Which then creates a follow-up question: can villagers ask Player 2 to leave, and if so, will they still ask Player 1?

Not sure, although I like all of my villagers so somebody else will have to test this one. :P
"Much like the pill bug, I too must continue to move forward."
-Heropon Riki (paraphrased)

User Info: Allistare

Allistare
3 months ago#75
Limit_2 posted...

I can 100% confirm that the non-RR can see villagers with the ‘moving out’ thought bubble. And, they can ask them to stay or go. No restriction there.
3ds FC: 0989 - 1746 - 7048

User Info: LinkPizza

LinkPizza
3 months ago#76
Limit_2 posted...

Really? I saw a video explaining that that is one to get them to move. Obviously, you would have to talk to them when you see the moving bubble. But other than that, avoiding them should work, apparently...
Official King of Kings
Switch FC: 7216-4417-4511 Add Me because I'll probably add you. I'm probably the LinkPizza you'll see around.
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Reitrahc

Reitrahc
2 months ago#77
LinkPizza posted...
Really? I saw a video explaining that that is one to get them to move. Obviously, you would have to talk to them when you see the moving bubble. But other than that, avoiding them should work, apparently...
Sorry, but that's a really common misconception. There is absolutely no way to influence what villager will decide they want to move when the time for a villager to want to move comes up. Hitting them when a net does not work. Ignoring them does not work. Writing them nasty letters does not work, and they will not recognize it as a nasty letter in the first place. There is one single way to move a specific villager out, and that is to convince a villager to move to your town after summoning them to your campsite via Amiibo. If you have no empty plots, the villager will ask if you know of any villagers in your town who are planning on moving, and you can choose whichever villager you want to be replaced by your amiibo villager. Other than that, a random villager will want to move out every 10ish days, and it is a completely random villager.

User Info: perfectlydark1

perfectlydark1
2 months ago#78
Am I right in thinking players share the fossil spots this time around?
http://www.mariomakerhub.com/makers/Rilakuma85

User Info: roseheart

roseheart
2 months ago#79
Me: 31yo who still commonly misspells common words.

Self Identifying Younger Brother TC: Pittance.

User Info: ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth
2 months ago#80
Reitrahc posted...
Writing them nasty letters does not work, and they will not recognize it as a nasty letter in the first place.

That rumor always confused me for the very reason of how would they even know it's a nasty letter.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A