This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.

User Info: MamieKate09

MamieKate09
3 months ago#41
I’m confused about the secondary character being able to visit or to get visitors.
Can I visit an island when only the 2nd person is plays?
Can the 2nd person come to my island if they are the only player atm?
Or does the RR have to be involved for these parts.

Then once I’m at a friend’s island, say if the RR stops playing, can the 2nd person + I still run around + play together?

AC:PC Kate. AC:NH Mamie Kate of Zoomberry Is.
Rich Purnell is a steely-eyed missle man.

User Info: Allistare

Allistare
3 months ago#42
MamieKate09 posted...
I’m confused about the secondary character being able to visit or to get visitors.
Can I visit an island when only the 2nd person is plays?
Can the 2nd person come to my island if they are the only player atm?
Or does the RR have to be involved for these parts.

Then once I’m at a friend’s island, say if the RR stops playing, can the 2nd person + I still run around + play together?

man, you’ve been incredibly misinformed... yes... the second player is able to freely accept and visit friend’s islands. There is ‘no’ restriction on this feature. The RR need not get involved at all.

3ds FC: 0989 - 1746 - 7048

User Info: ChiBearsFan1

ChiBearsFan1
3 months ago#43
Does the second player have their own separate bank account or do all players share the bank account?

User Info: MuffinsHutchins

MuffinsHutchins
3 months ago#44
ChiBearsFan1 posted...
Does the second player have their own separate bank account or do all players share the bank account?
It's separate; just like in previous titles.

User Info: ChiBearsFan1

ChiBearsFan1
3 months ago#45
MuffinsHutchins posted...
It's separate; just like in previous titles.
Thanks. First time playing animal Crossing. Figured my wife would like it and something we could do together. But she started just to try on my character and now has pretty much taken him over so I gotta convince her to make her own now.

User Info: Heropon_Riki

Heropon_Riki
3 months ago#46
Now that we've unlocked the Resident Services Building, I have some more information for y'all.

Bad news Confirmed: Only the RR can complete the campsite quest, move buildings besides the player's home, add new resident plots, and build bridges/inclines. Thankfully these are all easy to work around with co-op.

Good news confirmed: Secondary players can make complaints about residents, although nobody, not even the RR can make complaints about other human players. Secondary players can change the town flag and tune.

Still Unknown: Seriously, somebody please test terraforming.
"Much like the pill bug, I too must continue to move forward."
-Heropon Riki (paraphrased)
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: Rainynarwhal

Rainynarwhal
3 months ago#47
I play both the first and secondary characters and I will confirm that the secondary player can also terraform as i just got the app for my secondary character as well as the option to buy new roads and floors for nook miles in the shop :) thanks for this info though! Really useful!

User Info: Allistare

Allistare
3 months ago#48
Yup, second player has full reign on terraforming. Just as much power as RR. This is now confirmed.
3ds FC: 0989 - 1746 - 7048

User Info: mech dragon

mech dragon
3 months ago#49
I'm a secondary player, living and playing with by bf. Thanks for this topic. It's very helpful.
http://i.imgur.com/ZCcEmHO.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OHcGZ4e.jpg

User Info: CarrieChan

CarrieChan
3 months ago#50
PS2Gamer posted...
Correct. On New Leaf I had made a second player just to use their house as storage.
Hi
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A