This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.
Heropon_Riki posted...
Edit: Apparently residential services upgrading is just a thing that happens once three villagers move in, and is not tied to any additional actions by the RR, so you can cross that off of the RR exclusive things.

https://www.ccn.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-proves-nintendo-is-just-as-evil-as-ea/

I also found a confirmation (ironically, in an article bashing the restrictions) that player 2 can terraform, but I'd still like video proof just to be 100% sure. So basically it seems like only some early-game expansion quests are limited to the Resident Representative, and possibly some minor things that can be worked around like moving houses and building additional bridges/inclines. Please do not panic buy a second switch because you were told that you can't do anything as a second player.

Nice.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: MayorDarcy

MayorDarcy
3 days ago#22
Sticky requested, this is very helpful!
FC: 0190-1917-0083 Darcy of Lambton / DA: 5A00-012A-BC81

User Info: Cromage

Cromage
3 days ago#23
On Day 4 or so, it seems that the Wildest Dreams DIY is not available in the shop for our secondary player but it was for the RR. Can someone confirm?

User Info: Vibi

Vibi
3 days ago#24
Cromage posted...
On Day 4 or so, it seems that the Wildest Dreams DIY is not available in the shop for our secondary player but it was for the RR. Can someone confirm?
I can confirm that that is false. I’m a player 2, and I bought it from the shop yesterday.
Make your life better by listening to this: https://youtu.be/IcseamG7ReY

User Info: Heropon_Riki

Heropon_Riki
3 days ago#25
Vibi posted...
I can confirm that that is false. I’m a player 2, and I bought it from the shop yesterday.

Same here. I believe you need to complete the customization tutorial first before it becomes available.
"Much like the pill bug, I too must continue to move forward."
-Heropon Riki (paraphrased)

User Info: Lord_Mudkip

Lord_Mudkip
3 days ago#26
I herd u liek mudkipz? Hospitality and kindness coming your way!
Wario War series was written by me here on gamefaqs!
I can confirm that the simple DIY workbench recipe that everyone worries about is (re-)obtainable in a bottle.

Got one myself on a mystery island so I left it there.
So I went ahead and created a new character. That character received the workbench DIY recipe in the mail and also received the DIY workshop from Nook just like my main character did when I started the game. Some people have been saying the other player characters are not getting these to happen to them on their game. I think you may have to finish some of the intro quests on the island rep for that to be available for others? I have resident services unlocked now so....
(edited 3 days ago)
ah thank you!! i’ve been looking for a post like this. after hearing about the second player not being able to do as much, it’s awesome to be able to know what they actually can do in advance, considering i’m going to end up being the second player on mine.
"and remember that bad times...are just times that are bad."

User Info: PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer
3 days ago#30
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A