This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 days ago#11
MerenwenHelyane posted...
I requested sticky, great info TC
*kudos*
I second that notion, this does a lot of good actually setting the limitations
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: sturmdefeater

sturmdefeater
4 days ago#12
Thanks for posting exactly this! I have been playing two-player with my significant other (her first AC game, I've been a fan since the GCN days) and have found that I'm in agreement with everything you've posted. We were a bit disappointed to find out that player 2 (my partner) couldn't contribute to the furniture crafting for the three new residents, but the recipes she missed out on have been trickling in for her via other means. Of course, accidentally making a blue pansy and subsequently capturing hundreds of peacock and emperor butterflies seems to have been keeping her happy. The core game is obviously still fully available to secondary players, minus expensive things like moving buildings, bridges, etc. That is, except...

I'm curious to know what will happen regarding the island designer app. I agree that it's important to know whether or not player 2 will get to use the app or if terraforming is restricted to the RR. I'm surprised that the answer isn't common knowledge yet despite all the time travelers out there!
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Heropon_Riki

Heropon_Riki
4 days ago#13
I've been scouring the internet trying to find concrete information that confirms or denies terraforming for player 2 to no avail. Can't find anything besides hearsay and speculation on that front. Probably the most infuriating is a video by IGN which demonstrates Terraforming in local co-op mode but never switches the party leader so we can see if the other player has the app or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KUIUEw_a2I
"Much like the pill bug, I too must continue to move forward."
-Heropon Riki (paraphrased)

User Info: StarryTumble

StarryTumble
4 days ago#14
Hello. I have a question as I'm sharing a town with my boyfriend. His Nook Miles Check-Ins have not been rolling over to the next day and it keeps resetting to one even though he checks in everyday. This has not been happening to me and I'm the RR, so I thought this may have been a secondary player issue. Would you happen to have any idea why this is happening?
3DS friend code: 5257-9300-3020
AC:NL : Chris at Chichaco. Pokemon Y: Chris SV: 1052

Heropon_Riki
4 days ago#15
StarryTumble posted...
Hello. I have a question as I'm sharing a town with my boyfriend. His Nook Miles Check-Ins have not been rolling over to the next day and it keeps resetting to one even though he checks in everyday. This has not been happening to me and I'm the RR, so I thought this may have been a secondary player issue. Would you happen to have any idea why this is happening?

I have no idea what could be causing this. I'm a secondary player and my nook miles check-ins are working fine. The only thing I can think of is it might be time travel related if one of you has changed the clock.

User Info: StarryTumble

StarryTumble
4 days ago#16
Heropon_Riki posted...
I have no idea what could be causing this. I'm a secondary player and my nook miles check-ins are working fine. The only thing I can think of is it might be time travel related if one of you has changed the clock.

We TT'd a few days initally to unlock the museum and it was recording his check-ins just fine. Now that we're playing in real time though, it doesn't seem to roll over. I would think if it was TT related then it should affect my check-ins as well, but mine are stacking just fine since day 1. His went up to day 4 and just reset to day 1 afterward even though he checked in. Only thing I can really think of is maybe he needs to be the one initiating the start of the game, perhaps? We normally play in co-op with me as the leader from the start but we will alternate to get tasks and chores done around the island, so he has been accessing the ABD.

It's been a conundrum lol. I'm trying to find out if anyone else has been experiencing this but I haven't been able to find anything on it.
3DS friend code: 5257-9300-3020
AC:NL : Chris at Chichaco. Pokemon Y: Chris SV: 1052

User Info: teh_batman90

teh_batman90
4 days ago#17
piranhapete posted...
I've heard that the second player can't get the default workbench recipe, is this true? Even so, I suppose the RR could make it and drop it for the second player.
I'm a second player, and I got the recipe for the default bench. I can't remember how. I think I either bought it, or Tom Nook gave it to me. I think I most likely bought it, though.

Heropon_Riki
3 days ago#18
Edit: Apparently residential services upgrading is just a thing that happens once three villagers move in, and is not tied to any additional actions by the RR, so you can cross that off of the RR exclusive things.

https://www.ccn.com/animal-crossing-new-horizons-proves-nintendo-is-just-as-evil-as-ea/

I also found a confirmation (ironically, in an article bashing the restrictions) that player 2 can terraform, but I'd still like video proof just to be 100% sure. So basically it seems like only some early-game expansion quests are limited to the Resident Representative, and possibly some minor things that can be worked around like moving houses and building additional bridges/inclines. Please do not panic buy a second switch because you were told that you can't do anything as a second player.
(edited 3 days ago)
So basically, after the tutorial, other non RR players have full functionality like past games, but Terraforming limitations (which would render alot of the early game locks mute) are still unknown?
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: Nabiki_Tendo

Nabiki_Tendo
3 days ago#20
Varsityboy9 posted...
Can you delete the second player and if so, how?
you can by starting up the profile of the second player and clik on - button when games titel screen show up and choose something like erase registration
Switch FC: SW-6234-9750-4519
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
  3. Little Brother here. Let's dispel some myths about secondary players.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A