• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Having trouble with FF7/FF8 Remastered twin pack physical copy.

User Info: haven4987

haven4987
2 months ago#1
Ok so awhile back I bought the physical copy of the twin pack FF7/FF8 Remastered. When I got in the mail and turns out it was the European version. I'm sorry for being a little weird about this but I don't like the big 16 on the corner of the cover nor on the cartridge (I'm a collector is why). I went ahead and installed it and played it for a little bit because I decided to keep it. HOWEVER I recently bought another copy. This time the Asian version (I think that's what it is). It's the one without the big 16 rating. So I put it in my switch and it keeps saying "A software update is required. Update data will be downloaded now." I press download and the same message keeps popping up. I put the European version back in and it works just fine.

I thought these games were region free? I looked all over the internet to try to find answers and no luck. Twice I deleted both games and reinstalled it and it's the same message over and over. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

P.S. I have the Asian version of FF9 and that works perfectly. Just don't know why only the European version of FF7/FF8 works. Again any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

User Info: haven4987

haven4987
2 months ago#2
Nvm. I figured it out. I had to reset my whole system to factory setting. So I lost all my save files but luckily the majority of my games are physical copies.
  1. Boards
  2. Final Fantasy VII
  3. Having trouble with FF7/FF8 Remastered twin pack physical copy.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A