• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Downloading this now,anything I should know starting out?

User Info: Spartan718

Spartan718
1 year ago#1
Any tips for starting this? I know the battle system in very unique. Anything you wish you knew starting out?
PSN:Spartan_718
Friend Code: 4828-8558-3363(3ds), SW-3836-1677-3781(Switch) playing: Astral Chain and Phoenix Wright Trilogy

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 year ago#2
Don’t be afraid to give up in the middle of a battle and select retry - can be a bit time confusing, but you’ll earn points you can spend to upgrade your skills before jumping back in.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: tastylettuce

tastylettuce
1 year ago#3
Check the map before the end of a turn, this will help you plan out which supports to use and the second main fight introduces environmental attacks at the cost of a Dazzit; planning a route can help string attacks ahead of time so you spend less time waiting for a better draw. Mainly applies if you have Free Mobility available

User Info: Cactrot

Cactrot
1 year ago#4
I've got a bunch.

- You can turn Izzits into Dazzits even if you aren't planning to play them that turn. They'll just carry over to next turn and be ready to go. This is almost always a good idea if you have extra power to spend since otherwise it goes to waste.

- Press R3 to see what the keywords on enemy ideas do. The game never tells you this outright and it's important.

- Take advantage of the game board. The support you can get from your friends and gimmicks are vital. Look ahead at junctions and think about where you will land and where you could land on your next roll. Take into account whether you have the right Dazzit in your hand (or left in your head space) to activate gimmicks. Throwing chickens will save your life when bosses start using the really nasty keywords.

- Related to the above, "free mobility" is king. You have two ideas (Dash Guard and Charge) that can grant it. Prioritize upgrading these and using them to break enemy Dazzits for as.many turns as you can. Mixing other ideas into them, especially Dash Guard, is a great trick. With multiple consecutive turns of free mobility, you can reach the support spaces really need.

-Once you start being able to Mix ideas, use this for guards, not attacks. Having a big attack is fine, but a big guard can be used multiple times per round, while a big attack can't.

- Don't be afraid to take damage using Struggle. Your guts and your life are a resource to trade against strategically--remember it doesn't matter whether you win a fight with full hearts and Guts or with no Guts on your last heart. If an enemy Dazzit has 1 point of defense and the keyword Absolute Break, for example, it might be better to try and break it with Struggle than to sacrifice one of your Dazzits. Also, losing a heart refreshes all your ideas, and sometimes this is something you want.

- Just generally always be looking for good trades in terms of math. If you can block an 6/2 enemy Dazzit with either a 3/5 or a 2/1, put that 2/1 in front of it- that's 5 points of enemy damage that goes to waste instead of into one of your Dazzits or your Guts. The more uses you can squeeze out of your Dazzits before they break, the better, so try and trade your badly damaged Dazzits against high damage enemy ones.

- Likewise, extra enemy damage can be absorbed by your Guts or a heart- it won't roll over past your remaining Guts or heart. For example, if you you have an enemy attacking with a 9/2, you have 2 Guts, and you think that next turn you might be able to break that enemy Dazzit using something on the board instead of breaking your 6/8 guard, maybe take the hit using Struggle. You will lose the 2 Guts but the extra 7 points won't hit your heart. That's 7 points of enemy damage that went to waste instead of into breaking your Dazzits. The same applies when taking damage directly to a heart.

That's a lot. I'm sure there's more, but this is the stuff I thought was the most important. Good luck!

User Info: akwan_tarot

akwan_tarot
1 year ago#5
Plenty of nice advice. Some elaborations:

Cactrot posted...
I've got a bunch.

- You can turn Izzits into Dazzits even if you aren't planning to play them that turn. They'll just carry over to next turn and be ready to go. This is almost always a good idea if you have extra power to spend since otherwise it goes to waste.

Generally a good advice, especially against early bosses or in early turns. However, certain bosses can destroy or transform your Dazzits, while Izzits are safe. So in late turns against those bosses, you might want to leave low-cost Izzits as is until you actually use them (especially key ones, such as the gimmick trigger).

Take into account whether you have the right Dazzit in your hand (or left in your head space) to activate gimmicks.

It pays to learn the gimmicks and their corresponding attacks by heart. Also if you have the attack on hand, the corresponding gimmicks will be highlighted in green on the map.

Also, try to pick up the extra ideas from the map, as they are generally great, if not OP. Try to prioritize the ones that are soon playable; the 6-cost idea will sit a dead draw in your hand until you can pay for it.

-Once you start being able to Mix ideas, use this for guards, not attacks. Having a big attack is fine, but a big guard can be used multiple times per round, while a big attack can't.

Mixing yellows do not increase the total life nor the total number of times they can block. It is primarily done to increase ATK so that it can kill things, or for free mobility.

Mixing reds is a trick for reusing spent reds, and to bring enough ATK to kill things, especially the enemy guts in one blow. Later in the game, when you get Invincibility or Pierce on your reds, you can mix them to use the ability twice in that turn.

That's a lot. I'm sure there's more, but this is the stuff I thought was the most important. Good luck!

Early turns and late turns play rather differently. In early turns, while power is tight, you want to keep Dazzits alive across turns, and prioritize friends who help you play more Dazzits. When you get up to 5 or 6 power, you may want to get weakened Dazzits (especially wounded yellows) out of your hand so that you get to draw new ideas.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 year ago#6
Another one: Explore and talk to everyone in each chapter. Some sub quests require a chapter change to trigger - make sure you trigger them as early as you can, even if you can’t complete the quest in the present chapter.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Downloading this now,anything I should know starting out?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A