• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Is this game worth £22.49?

User Info: JDavidC

JDavidC
1 year ago#1
I know this game is allegedly short, and a more major game like DQ XI S (which I already have) costs £50. I just need to know: is this worth the money or not?
3DS FC: 3093-7112-3992

User Info: Dharengo

Dharengo
1 year ago#2
I mean... You're just going to get a subjective answer. I say yes, but the next person may not agree. And who will you believe then?

JDavidC
1 year ago#3
Well, there's been a lot of mixed reviews and comments. I want to know if the battle system relies heavily on RNG for being able to do well in battles.

User Info: SirBob1137

SirBob1137
1 year ago#4
Get Gungeon, Hollow Knight, and DR2C first. Then this game

Hollow First
Then DR2C
Then Gungeon

User Info: Cactrot

Cactrot
1 year ago#5
SirBob1137 posted...
Get Gungeon, Hollow Knight, and DR2C first. Then this game

Hollow First
Then DR2C
Then Gungeon

Those are all fine games, but they don't have much in common with this. Or even with each other.

TC, there is rng in this game, but none so bad that you can't succeed. I'm maybe 10 hours in and I have felt pressure in most big battles- sometimes wondering if I was screwed- but have not yet actually lost an encounter. It's a card game and it has about as much chance in it as other major card games like Magic or Hearthstone. The first few turns are the roughest in this way because you have the fewest resources and the least ability to influence which "cards" you have, but also, you're not going to lose the fight over a rough first few turns.

The game is legitimately hard. I often spend minutes at a time just thinking a turn over, but so far there has always been enough agency to steer things to victory by being thoughtful throughout. Maybe my experience is unusual because I've played Magic on and off for most of my life? It's hard for me to picture what coming to this game is like if you have never played a CCG.

JDavidC
1 year ago#6
Well, I've played old-school Yu-Gi-Oh. I think I'll give this game a try.

User Info: Dharengo

Dharengo
1 year ago#7
I'm not sure what people mean by "All RNG". It's a card game. It's not about getting the right tool for the job, it's about using the tools you have available to you to their greatest effect.

User Info: Llaffer

Llaffer
1 year ago#8
It took me about 25 hours to defeat the final boss. I wouldn't call it short. It's about where I like my RPGs to be.

The game plays more like a card game similar to Magic the Gathering.

I liked the game and would encourage others who like card-based games like SteamWorld Quest to check it out.

Not saying the game doesn't have issues, but I think the hate its getting isn't warranted.

User Info: Mocorongo

Mocorongo
1 year ago#9
Reading the posts looks like this game is a huge no for me because games with a "card" system is my most hated style... Well, thanks for the insight.
The best bless is health and money: With health you can do almost anything - money can let you do the rest
And a good health allows you to build money - win/win
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Is this game worth £22.49?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A