• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Why does this game have so many mixed reviews?

User Info: OphieII

OphieII
1 year ago#11
Dharengo posted...
It doesn't even make any sense. Scrapping this game wouldn't have brought back the national dex.

That's correct. The people review-bombing this game in anger regarding Sword and Shield don't know how game development works. You don't have your entire staff working on the same project at once because different team members have different jobs. Not everyone at Game Freak can help add more Pokémon into the game because there are many staff members whose skills and talents lie elsewhere.

Little Town Hero was likely made for two reasons: To let the team do something other than Pokémon (Nintendo's own Zelda team was severely burned out after spending several years working on nothing but Zelda; the Animal Crossing team subsequently worked on Splatoon while the Mario Kart team worked on ARMS), and to give people something to do whose skills are most useful at a time other than wherever Sword and Shield were at.

Say a development team has three departments. Team A is most useful during pre-production, Team B is most useful during production, and Team C is most useful during post-production. That means your team can produce up to three projects at a time--when Team C's project is near completion, Team B is working on another one and Team A has just begun a third--and the quality will not decrease compared to if Teams A, B, and C are all working together. If anything, if they're all doing the same thing, the finished products will likely wind up worse because you'll have people working on things they're not good at (while being frustrated at it).
I laughed at the Lorax, "You poor stupid guy,
You never can tell what some people will buy."

User Info: JDavidC

JDavidC
1 year ago#12
I think I heard that Game Freak switches staff between Team A (Gear Project - original games besides Pokemon), and Team B (Pokemon) for some reasons.

Some reasons being things like preventing burnout from working on Pokemon, and gaining experience on working on other aspects of game development outside of Pokemon that can then be brought back into helping make Pokemon games (people get rotated between the two teams and back).
3DS FC: 3093-7112-3992

User Info: akwan_tarot

akwan_tarot
1 year ago#13
Game Freak began with Mendel Palace (Quinty). It did not begin with Pokemon.

User Info: Radbot42

Radbot42
1 year ago#14
Dharengo posted...
It doesn't even make any sense. Scrapping this game wouldn't have brought back the national dex.

A game that runs and little else is a 4. A 6 is a passing grade. Whoever tells you otherwise is lying, or misinformed just like you are.

A 6 is a D in a grading scale out of 10. They put in the effort, but it is still bad. Yeah it's passing in grade school, but in college and graduate school you cannot do anything with Ds. You have to retake the course. Heck in graduate school where I'm at you can only get one C. When you apply that this is a well known company that makes one of the biggest selling game series of all time a D is very bad. Like this ain't getting a sequel bad. (maybe it will as this was only one review we are discussing, but they were looking for the next Pokemon game and that clearly didn't happen).
Share a bag of potato chips and we all become friends!

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 year ago#15
This game f***ing sucks
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 year ago#16
A_Field_Lover posted...
This game f***ing sucks
what don’t you like about it?
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: A_Field_Lover

A_Field_Lover
1 year ago#17
freedumbdclxvi posted...
what don’t you like about it?
The battle system, being stuck in the town that feels big yet empty in plenty of areas despite the main character literally trying to leave, etc.
Nerd girl who's passionate, Bandana Dee for Smash!
#1 Assist Trophy, Galeem, Lonato & FE Echoes Lover! F to Geno, BWD + Isaac. Hero's in!

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 year ago#18
A_Field_Lover posted...
The battle system, being stuck in the town that feels big yet empty in plenty of areas despite the main character literally trying to leave, etc.
I love the battle system but I can understand why some would dislike it.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: DeniosTheGamer

DeniosTheGamer
1 year ago#19
I reviewed this game after 15hours of playing and gave it a 4/10. Which is now, that I'm almost finished (just died against the last form of the final boss), still a bit too high for such a game. I really hate it and I don't say this lightly as I really love JRPGs and tend to be okay even with the lowest budget games.

-The battle system is fun, but it relies WAY TOO MUCH on luck. you can lose an entire fight after 30minutes of careful planning just because you rolled the wrong number on your dice.
-the town is pathetically empty and the npcs all look the same and almost none of them have any interesting thing to say and theres absolutely nothing to do. why is there an empty farm and an empty shopping street when you cant grow anything and cant shop?
-the game runs like garbage. freezing for 5 seconds before talking to someone and theres a big area where the fps drops constantly below 10fps.
-the story is extremely weak, but thats subjective, i know. but the characters are extremely weak as well and the protagonist is stupid beyond reason which infuriates me.

I don't expect such a game from ANY company thats been out there for a few years making games. It just looks like there was no direction at all, nobody who ever played a videogame looked at this game before release, or else it wouldn't have gotten the pass.

I'm sorry for my rant, but it just bugs me how much I hate this game. And myself for still trying to finish it instead of letting go.
currently playing: Dragon Quest XI

User Info: xAlphazonex

xAlphazonex
1 year ago#20
Because the game is s***. Is it really that hard to believe?
  1. Boards
  2. Little Town Hero
  3. Why does this game have so many mixed reviews?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A