This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bands where every album sounds the same....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Rock
  3. Bands where every album sounds the same....

User Info: argonautweakend

argonautweakend
5 months ago#1
Generally talkin' about butt rock but thats not only where it happens.

So Five Finger Death Punch goes in the studio to record another album...where does the motivation to keep the sound the exact same come from? Money? If I was a professional musician I'd want to make some stuff thats a little different and mix it up but also keep me learning new music styles and to get better. I feel like in some of these bands they dont have the talent to even step outside of their comfort zone.

thoughts?

User Info: ChokeStan

ChokeStan
5 months ago#2
KMFDM fits the bill to me, but I haven't heard a ton of their albums.
But I didn't put my hair in a pony tail for nothing so if I'm going home alone I'm not going at all.

User Info: LeadPipeCinche

LeadPipeCinche
5 months ago#3
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Tool
........ About a million other bands that have "that distinct sound to themselves" where when you hear them you know "oh thats *insert band*".

User Info: argonautweakend

argonautweakend
5 months ago#4
No, I dont really mean that so much.

Like, i dont listen to tool, but perhaps you can hear different songs from different albums and know they're "that tool sound" but still recognize its from a different album/period/era.

I mean bands where every album and song pretty much sound exactly the same. You couldnt pick one out from the rest.

User Info: ZooStation42

ZooStation42
5 months ago#5
Interpol

I love their music but you can take any song off any of their albums and trade for another without noticing the difference.
"You don't sit on something for a week without falling in love with it."--Philip J. Fry
Romans 6:23

User Info: leafsfanatic81

leafsfanatic81
5 months ago#6
Tame Impala, I f***ing love their stuff though. KMFDM was already mentioned and I agree and also really like them.

LeadPipeCinche posted...
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Tool
........ About a million other bands that have "that distinct sound to themselves" where when you hear them you know "oh thats *insert band*".

None of these picks make any sense, a band can sound like themselves but still vary from album to album.

User Info: m_robbins

m_robbins
5 months ago#7
Even though I love them Flogging Molly seems to fit.
"The day I listen to reviewers, is the day they stop giving terrible games like Call of Duty 9's and 10's across the board." Krauser86

User Info: phobia881

phobia881
5 months ago#8
LeadPipeCinche posted...
Alice in Chains
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Tool

Pearl Jam and Soundgarden definitely didn't have the same sound for their whole career

You could even make a case for AIC since acoustic stuff like Jar Of Flies exists.
http://www.last.fm/user/bobo9390

User Info: Eat More Beef

Eat More Beef
5 months ago#9
I don't understand how Soundgarden was mentioned. Ultra Omega Ok sounds nothing like Superunknown.

On topic: AC/DC
I wrote a horror short story collection. You can check it out, and other free short stories at http://www.aarondeck.com

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
5 months ago#10
Trapt
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.
  1. Boards
  2. Music: Rock
  3. Bands where every album sounds the same....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived