• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Timespinner
  3. Am I the only one that realizes this game borrowed heavily from Castlevania OoE?

User Info: Aegix_Drakan

Aegix_Drakan
4 months ago#11
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels it's remarkably similar to Order of Ecclesia.

Female lead, safe zone with all the NPC quests, comboing with magical glyphs/orbs, a charged special move, most of the zones are a straight line with some branching...

It's VERY similar to Order of Ecclesia.
I make RPGs for a hobby. Feel free to give 'em a whirl if you like a challenge.
https://rpgmaker.net/users/Aegix_Drakan/games/

User Info: DEADLY SHAD0W

DEADLY SHAD0W
4 months ago#12
As long as they were imitating OoE, I'm kind of disappointed that they didn't give Yorne a bigger part in the story. I thought he would be a supporting character or a boss you would have to fight later on just like Albus from OoE. Those two are also a lot alike with the way they express their jealousy towards the lead character. It would've also been interesting to be able to play the whole game as him the way you play as Albus in OoE.

User Info: shadestreet

shadestreet
4 months ago#13
All this talk of OoE made me realize I should replay it... been years.

*goes to find game in my vault*

Uhh... must have loaned it out years back...

*checks ebay*

Damn!

User Info: DEADLY SHAD0W

DEADLY SHAD0W
4 months ago#14
Yeah I haven't played it for years either. I'm not gonna replay it yet. Bloodstained is just around the corner. Looking forward to that game.

User Info: BerserkerPk

BerserkerPk
3 months ago#15
I sadly never played Castlevania OoE the closest thing I can relate this too is Castlevania AoS but not as much as you guys think.

I'm probably going to state either something already said or some huge captain obvious thing but to me this game is.

Mechanic wise part Castlevania AoS, part Chronotrigger part megaman X.
Musicwise mostly megaman X with maybe a hint of chronotrigger.
Graphic wise I say its a toss up between Chronotrigger and megaman X

Either way this to me is pretty much the love child of Chronotrigger and a platformer with RPG elements that's it.
Come on, your ass is mine- Heat .

User Info: Sacred_Arfaid

Sacred_Arfaid
2 months ago#16
Order of Ecclesia is my favorite Metroidvania, so no, the similarities were not lost on me. At least it borrowed from the best. It's nowhere near as good, but still a really good game that's totally worth it.

User Info: NamelessShame

NamelessShame
2 months ago#17
BerserkerPk posted...
I sadly never played Castlevania OoE the closest thing I can relate this too is Castlevania AoS but not as much as you guys think.

I'm probably going to state either something already said or some huge captain obvious thing but to me this game is.

Either way this to me is pretty much the love child of Chronotrigger and a platformer with RPG elements that's it.

Stylistically and slightly story-wise, very Chrono Trigger.

Not really feeling any of the Megaman X vibe, personally.

OoE and SotN influenced heavily, clearly.

Text box sound effects reminds me of Dragon Quest and old Quintet games (ActRaiser, Soul Blazer trilogy, etc.)

Love this game.
Where did dinosaurs come from?
Where did they go? Will we ever have answers to these mysteries? Hopefully we'll find out... today.

User Info: drgnslayers

drgnslayers
2 months ago#18
I do love this game as well. Yes, I did play Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia and defeated the game with Albus and Shanoa (on Normal difficulty)
3DS FC: 4768-8065-0515 Switch FC: 6460-9980-3320 PSN: drgnslayers
PM your FC so that I can add you afterwards

User Info: BerserkerPk

BerserkerPk
1 month ago#19
NamelessShame posted...
BerserkerPk posted...

Stylistically and slightly story-wise, very Chrono Trigger.

Not really feeling any of the Megaman X vibe, personally.

OoE and SotN influenced heavily, clearly.

Text box sound effects reminds me of Dragon Quest and old Quintet games (ActRaiser, Soul Blazer trilogy, etc.)

Love this game.

Not many but when you're in the area before Aleana and the area just before the library the music is very megaman X like ( at least to me it is ) .
Come on, your ass is mine- Heat .
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Timespinner
  3. Am I the only one that realizes this game borrowed heavily from Castlevania OoE?
  • Post New Message