• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Labyrinth Life
  3. Any tips/tricks for a newbie?

User Info: Oorann

Oorann
8 months ago#11
This board will help you with the gardening as it has everything you might need to know about all the gardening stuff.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/247762-omega-labyrinth-life/77937838
Wake me up when the world ends, so I can laugh in its face

User Info: RetroTiamat

RetroTiamat
8 months ago#12
Informed_User posted...
I don't understand the flower growing mechanics myself. I assume what you water the flowers with will impact the chance of getting certain items, but I don't know which water is best for each item.

What I did to get the items for abilities was just grow lots of flowers and try using all the different water types. I also got most of the items I needed from the flower shop girl, the one standing outside the school shop. For getting the rarer flower items, supreme fruits etc., just buying them from the girl who trades nectar for flower stuff might be faster then growing them.

Put all your items in the lockers and go into one of the challenge dungeons where you start near a monster. Lose so you get kicked back to the school
real fast. Doing super fast trips in and out of the dungeons is a fast way to farm nectar and items from the flower girl.

You don't need to get yourself killed. Just open up the (ZL) menu, press (R) once, and you'll be on a screen that lets you either quit to title screen (can be used to continue a dungeon run later) or just abandon the run you're on.

User Info: Crystalorbie

Crystalorbie
8 months ago#13
So, this isn't related to gameplay at all, but whenever you go into a longer dungeon, do so from a fresh play session, and try not to put the switch in sleep mode for too long. (Fresh play session means, quit the game, close it, and re-open it)

I had to re-get my equipment for the final boss because upon loading the boss floor, the game crashed. (Crashing or closing out mid-run counts as a total kill, goes through fairy blessings and ignores fairy wings to save your items)

I had left my switch in sleep mode for at least 2 days, (grumble grumble work grumble...) so its my fault, but I think there may be a small memory leak issue and if I can help others uh, not have to deal with that, then all the better to do so.

One last thing, if you get far enough to do the longest bonus dungeons, set aside some major time, you're looking at about 8-10 hours on a single run of one. (and uh... Roomy tomes in such a dungeon is schmuck bait, you've been warned!!!)
Try to make sense of the above post.
Go on, I'll wait... maybe.

User Info: RetroTiamat

RetroTiamat
8 months ago#14
Crystalorbie posted...
So, this isn't related to gameplay at all, but whenever you go into a longer dungeon, do so from a fresh play session, and try not to put the switch in sleep mode for too long. (Fresh play session means, quit the game, close it, and re-open it)

I had to re-get my equipment for the final boss because upon loading the boss floor, the game crashed. (Crashing or closing out mid-run counts as a total kill, goes through fairy blessings and ignores fairy wings to save your items)

I had left my switch in sleep mode for at least 2 days, (grumble grumble work grumble...) so its my fault, but I think there may be a small memory leak issue and if I can help others uh, not have to deal with that, then all the better to do so.

One last thing, if you get far enough to do the longest bonus dungeons, set aside some major time, you're looking at about 8-10 hours on a single run of one. (and uh... Roomy tomes in such a dungeon is schmuck bait, you've been warned!!!)

Just quit to title screen if you need to stop playing mid-dungeon. It'll quick save and you can start right back from where you left off without penalties.

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
7 months ago#15
I'm just starting the game now, and I do appreciate these tips! For anyone else new here, @Informed_User posted a guide recently.

I'm looking forward to all sorts of bra-straining fun!

Oh, I have a little tip to contribute. A lot of players will probably figure this out right away, but... you can touch a girl's breasts during dialogue cutscenes and she'll have a cute little reaction. The headmistress doesn't react (at least, not early on), but other girls... it's really cute.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: SyphonFilterFan

SyphonFilterFan
7 months ago#16
Tluhdatsi posted...
I'm just starting the game now, and I do appreciate these tips! For anyone else new here, @Informed_User posted a guide recently.

I'm looking forward to all sorts of bra-straining fun!

Oh, I have a little tip to contribute. A lot of players will probably figure this out right away, but... you can touch a girl's breasts during dialogue cutscenes and she'll have a cute little reaction. The headmistress doesn't react (at least, not early on), but other girls... it's really cute.

Haha Im guilty of doing this all the time. Especially playing in Hand held mode. But yeah I finished this game up last month. Clocked in about 70 hours. I didnt attempt the 99f dungeons though because I didnt quite have the patience to get so far just to die and have to restart the whole thing. Wanted to thank everyone again for their help. I had alot of fun with this game.
You're going to need a bigger gun!-Anton Girdeux, Syphon Filter

User Info: Tluhdatsi

Tluhdatsi
7 months ago#17
The tip about going back to the very first dungeon to farm those most basic equipment items over and over for Synthesis is a good one!

It takes just over a minute to run through that dungeon, and you can gather free nectar (near the central statue) and omega points (at the spring) every time you return to campus. You can also garden when you return as long as you still have some seeds.

You gain more nectar and omega points than you spend during this cycle. It's a ridiculously efficient method for building up Hinata (and her friends, too, if you like) early on.

Synthesis is unlocked right after the "Rescue Mio!" mission.
With a thrill in my head and a pill on my tongue, dissolving the nerves has just begun.
Listening to Lionel, All Night Long, (all night), yeeeah, (all night)...
(message deleted)

User Info: LordSeymour77

LordSeymour77
1 month ago#19
In case you're wondering, you can't poke Rinka's boobs. Unfortunately.
If you want PC games outside of the tyranny of Steam, please try Jast USA and MangaGamer.
  1. Boards
  2. Omega Labyrinth Life
  3. Any tips/tricks for a newbie?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A