• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Gates of hell boss trouble

User Info: Maru_gamer

Maru_gamer
1 month ago#1
Im around battle rank 20 atm, am i seriously underleveled for this boss or is this just a poorly balanced game??

User Info: sunzi

sunzi
1 month ago#2
Hard to say if you're under-leveled if we don't know the party, their stats, and skill/art development. And mostly because BR isn't really your "level". The Gates of Hell is one of the few difficulty spikes in the game, but it's entirely doable at your BR (boss will still be using its first set of stats). It's a frustrating battle if you don't know how to react to what it's doing.

That said, one thing you can take advantage of is 16 deployed units and 6 controlled unions. You can do this by leaving Rush in reserves and he'll join as his own union. Works pretty well if he's using the Defender and tanking/healing (assuming he has some Herbs/Remedies(/Lotions) development). Also helpful is having at least 1 revive unit per union to deal with the Enthralled status. You'll also need to know that the game loves to place some recovery priority on guest unions, which is what the Cyclops is, so react accordingly.

We can get a bit more specific if we know how each union is being used, but that's the gist of the battle. The follow-up battle is arguably harder, so I hope you have a full stock of revive ingredients before attempting the Gates of Hell.
Now playing: FFXIV, Romancing SaGa Re;univerSe (JP+NA)
Hoyt GMX 23", Hoyt 840 32lbs short, VAP 700

User Info: Maru_gamer

Maru_gamer
1 month ago#3
I have 15 members spread on 3 union atm. Well i may give this a few tries now that i know i can put rush in reserve since his party was getting killed really early on cuz he cant move in the 1st two turns.
(edited 1 month ago)
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Gates of hell boss trouble
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A