• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Can someone explain this accessory cloning

User Info: melekeddine

melekeddine
2 months ago#1
I think a video is better for explaining so here it is

https://youtu.be/3cL4AYu0cow

I handcrafted every single accessory to give to my units, so they don't end up with stupid stuff. I gave each of them accessories such as Power belt, Kobold's Kindness etc... but the moment I crafted a Verdeus Buckle, every single one of them LITERALLY cloned the belt and equipped it to themselves. What in the hell??

I was furious, so I didn't craft the Verdeus belt and crafted the Kobold's Kindness Instead to get torn sash. But then things got worse when I reached rank 110, every single combat unit that doesn't have a rank 120 accessory equipped themselves with RUBBER SHAWL...that useless rank 110 accessory that I stupidly bought to test [item arts+5] which doesn't work as was confirmed in my previous help thread!!

WHY?! I though this is gonna be my perfect play through but apparently it won't be.

One more thing,after I recruited the enlightened, they came equipped with Roseraphim bracelet that I got from Khrynia's quest which prevented them even after changing them to combat focus from equipping any meaningful accessory outside of Milton, Snievan and black belt.

User Info: Atmaone

Atmaone
2 months ago#2
The Rank of the accessory corresponds with the BR at which it will be cloned - if it can be cloned.

Almost all White/Gold text accessories can be cloned (a few exceptions, like the Charm of Guiding). Purple cannot. Blue cannot. I believe some of the lower-ranked Green can; I don't believe the Red can - at least, not the higher-ranked ones (like Cloistral Belt).

It's can be a frustrating mechanic when trying to put together a party with all the perfect bonuses considering all the micro-managing you'd have to do to prevent the cloning.

A couple things I do is shift everyone to Mystic focus at their last upgrade - but after they've been Physical-focused to request the desired accessories. There's few "accidental" acquisitions of Mystic accessories that will overwrite your preferred Combat ones (though there are a few). When the unit is in Mystic focus, there will be nothing to clone over the Physical accessories.

The other thing I do (which is quite tedious) is to fill up my accessory inventory in the early game with 50 (the maximum) cheap accessories. When you are given another accessory, you get a prompt to discard something, or not acquire the new item - which is a way to prevent the future cloning of unwanted items, such as Khrynia's Roseraphim Bracelet, The Linen Belt (Slave Traders), Prismic Ring (also Khrynia).
(edited 2 months ago)

melekeddine
2 months ago#3
Thanks a lot for the info and filling my accessory slots to prevent getting new ones, anyway I have reached BR 120 and everyone got a copy of Black belt which is not amazing but still far better than Rubber Shawl.
I crafted monocle of Guiding -_- , will it also be equipped on everyone too at BR 130? (please no, my milton's Kerchief and Snievan's belts are begging right now)

User Info: Atmaone

Atmaone
2 months ago#4
Looks like that's one of the few White text accessories that isn't cloned.
Just loaded up a save, crafted it, and changed my BR to 135. Physical-focused units cloned the Black Belt I had made, but not the higher-ranked Monocle of Guiding.

melekeddine
1 month ago#5
Thank you so much for the help and the time you took for testing :D
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Can someone explain this accessory cloning
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A