• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. coming back to this game after almost a year hiatus

User Info: igor140

igor140
5 months ago#1
and i'm a bit stuck. i know that i'm right at the end. i've beaten the fallen, i have access to the enlightened seven (i'll come back to that...), and i've completed every side quest. now, i understand that having completed all those side quests means that i'm in for a rough ride with the final boss. so i'm prepared for a grind.

i am currently BR 71, which i believe is low-medium for this late in the game.

in an ideal world, my next task would be to take on the enlightened seven, so that i can use and build some of them as i do my grinding... but i'm not sure i'm there yet.

i tried tackling them a little while ago, and got my ass handed to me. it took me well over thirty rounds, but i finally beat snievan and milton... only to get one-shotted by ludope. i understand the OHKO is somewhat normal... but i don't think the 30+ turns is. the problem is my unions were doing AT MOST 20k damage per turn, and an average of about half that. (the only exception was omnistrike, which did ~50k, but i was only able to use it once.)

i tried manipulating the morale, but as soon as i got it over 30%, milton used Mixed Message and put me down to 0%. this is exactly what happened before he died (which immediately led to me dying). those two alone took almost an hour and a half... and frankly, i'd rather not go through a five hour battle with a risk of losing at any given moment; i'd rather just prepare better.

so what's my strategy? should i grind some better weapons and stats first? i know people have done this at BR 50, and i'm sure it's been done a lot lower than that... but my stats don't seem to be nearly as good. my unions have ~4k HP each, whereas i've seen posts of people at BR 50 with 8k+ HP unions... and i'm not sure how that's possible. maybe it's because i did not grind glenys's mission? (i wanted her on the team, so i didn't waste time grinding her mission).

i've spent a little time in the ancient ruins. i can handle or or MAYBE two pods at a time. i was able to get all the way through the Holy Servant, but bailed because i would ideally like to have some of the E7 for my major grind push.

anyway, sorry this is rambly. please let me know what kinds of things i should be working towards at this point.
FFBE: 229.361.850; 2000 hyoh, 1200/1350 malphasie, 1600 TT (SoT)
(edited 5 months ago)

igor140
5 months ago#2
so, looking at this strategy, i think i might be able to pull this off... (scroll down to "Some Tips on the Enlightened Seven")

https://lastremnant.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:The_Enlightened_Seven

i've got several cachexia users, but i don't have anyone with mixed messages. i've got several with other psionics, including a couple with Stealth... is it worth continuing to grind to get mixed messages? or will bluff/ maledict get me there?

also, i'd still like more HP and more damage... what's the best way to get that?

User Info: Atmaone

Atmaone
5 months ago#3
At BR ~70, there's a few simple tweaks you can do to improve your team.

For accessories, I would purchase one Safety Earlet from the shop in Athlum's town square. It will be cloned by anyone in Physical focus that doesn't already possess a higher-ranked earring. If you have a handful of spear users with lower-ranked belts, buy the Belt of Glazing in Athlum's weapon shop, which will also be cloned by anyone in Physical focus that doesn't already have a higher-ranked belt.

For those still in Balance focus, buy up Manifer's in Undelwalt, which is a Bracelet that gives +35% HP. Units will have to ask for this one, which will usually occur after fighting two battles and returning to the world map.

Further details regarding equips are going to depend upon who is on your team and how much upgrading you've done along the way.

You don't need Mixed Message to control morale. Bluff, Addle, Dispirit and Bewitch will work - as will Retreat Flare and Pandora's Box. And if you've got Cachexia, you have the tools to get through the fight. Cachexia is your key to keeping Ludope pinned down once you reach that stage - and it can be helpful for dealing with Snievan as well. Not going to work against Milton, though, since he applies Iron Will at the start of the turn.

If you happen to have a Ninja or Assassin to lead a group. you can always standby and wait for the Rear Assault commands after deadlocking Milton with another unit. Otherwise, you'll have to cycle between two units engaging him at a time - one to sacrifice themselves, and the other to actually deal damage without facing retaliation. A union with Long-Range morale options can hang out on the sidelines and snipe Milton and Snievan with Bewitch and Addle.

Before entering the Ludope/Zuido portion, apply as many Orphic Wards as you can. Ideally, if you have a union that's more or less dedicated to reviving, the Ward user should be in there so they can apply Orphic Ward with each revival. If your team doesn't have one (or you just want another), Aquarius can be hired in Athlum - a Commander that begins with Bluff, Orphic Ward and Protection.

Young and the Twins are easy in comparison to the first half. If you can control when Young goes down, it's in your interest to make sure the Twins' first turn to act isn't a multiple of 3 (+1) - as in, 1,4,7 etc. They will use Twin Snowpetal on those turns, which can sting if that's the first turn after taking down Young.

If you're still looking for a grind, then I suggest returning to the Ancient Ruins and building a high chain. It may take some time vs. the weaker enemies on the first floor (Charybdis appear in decent-sized groups to help quickly build the chain), then face off against the beefier Diatrymas and Greater Demons once your chain is 370+. You'll want to limit use of consumables for healing until 370+ to get the best development of those arts, as a chain that high gives you 2x exp. You can decide when to stop the grind - a Glenys/Wisdom's Echo grind usually goes to ~2000, but you may not need to push it that far if you find that your stats have grown to a comfortable level earlier than that.
(edited 5 months ago)

igor140
5 months ago#4
thank you! this is extremely helpful! i will definitely give this a go!

i think paris and pagus are my only orphic warders (pagus has Protection, but paris does not)

i currently have skills wide open, but i can limit a couple units to cachexia/ orphic ward/ reviving skills.

my unions are currently extremely balanced; all of them have some capacity to heal and revive, and most have a blend of physical and magical abilities (i'm a big fan of balanced/ hybrid characters). this works great for "general use", but it seems i'm going to have to focus a bit for this battle. that makes sense, it just didn't occur to me.

i think i originally intended to have torgal be a ninja, but he never asked for a katana, so it didn't happen. wyngale uses them, and should be eligible, but i just got him a little while ago, and i don't know how much grinding it would take to get him there (i'd like to hold off on grinding too much before i get the twins and ludope).

i'm aware of the milton two-team rotation, but it got screwed up because i thought summoning lob omen was a good idea... i will know better for next time.

so, between your post and what i found on reddit, my general party needs to have:
2 face-punching unions (hardest hitting units, ideally some healing, hopefully hexes)
2 revive unions (with orphic ward and psionics, and hopefully long range magic abilities)
1 dedicated cachexia unit (should i bother with an animalcule build? i definitely have enough hexers to do it)

PART 1 (snievan/ milton)
the two face-puncher unions go after milton, falling into a rotation with one of the reviver unions supporting them at all times. the cachexia union keeps snievan occupied while being supported by the other reviver union.

should snievan be using lugh's revenge two out of every three turns? because he did. and it OHKO'd whatever union it hit.

ideally milton falls first. dispirit/ addle/ bluff my morale back in place in time to take out snievan.

PART 2 (ludope/ zuido)
pray to RNGesus that i don't get OHKO'd by galaxy

similar strategy. the two face-punchers go for zuido. the cachexia ties up ludope. two support units back up whoever needs it.

PART 3
punch faces

PART 4
focus down hannah first... presumably with 1 face puncher and 1 cachexia? tie up hinnah with the other face puncher. support units do their thing...

anything else i need to worry about?

User Info: Atmaone

Atmaone
5 months ago#5
igor140 posted...
i currently have skills wide open, but i can limit a couple units to cachexia/ orphic ward/ reviving skills.

Yeah, this is one of those fights where you're going to have greater success by filtering out the "lesser" arts and limiting the options available to your units.

igor140 posted...
1 dedicated cachexia unit (should i bother with an animalcule build? i definitely have enough hexers to do it)

That's up to you. Pulling up an Animalcule could dish out a nice hunk of damage. On the flip side, you could end up using Animalcule when in an instance where you actually needed the Cachexia. You could try out both ways - pooling all your Hexers together, or splitting them between a few unions.

Another strategy is to stick a single mystic arts user into your combat unions, and even limiting those to Cachexia or a Morale-shifting art. If the unit is a morale-shifter, you could get the hybrid command "Lower their morale!" which will combine combat arts alongside the morale art. Or, possibly more useful: If the only offensive mystic art available in a combat union is Cachexia, then you're practically guaranteed to get it from that union each turn.

igor140 posted...
should snievan be using lugh's revenge two out of every three turns? because he did. and it OHKO'd whatever union it hit.

He can do that - and it's pretty much guaranteed to kill the target union, no matter the HP. Again, getting off a Cachexia before he acts is about the only way to pin him down and prevent that. It's also handy for interrupting Phantom Pain, which drops your morale (not to mention Curse)

igor140 posted...
anything else i need to worry about?

I'd say, not for now. Certainly come back after you've tried things out, and if you hit a snag we can talk about any other tweaks. Good luck!
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. coming back to this game after almost a year hiatus
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A