• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Strongest Generic Generals?

User Info: SchwarzerFrost

SchwarzerFrost
6 months ago#1
There are so many Generic generals in the game, are they really all worse than the Unique leaders?
I know Faye is strong, I found some Bugsy guy in Baaluk and he has more starting stats than most Unique fighter I have at BR8.

User Info: Atmaone

Atmaone
6 months ago#2
SchwarzerFrost posted...
There are so many Generic generals in the game, are they really all worse than the Unique leaders?
I know Faye is strong, I found some Bugsy guy in Baaluk and he has more starting stats than most Unique fighter I have at BR8.
There's plenty of generics that can be a good fit depending on what your team needs - and when you add them.

Faye is great due to her starting skillset, and she can be equipped with Splitters from Ghor, making it easy to keep her equipment current if you're not into crafting/component hunting.

Bugsy is actually found in Melphina after you enter the Aqueducts. And, while his starting stats are decent, he's in a unique class (Merchant) that happens to be in the Item category....which can make him uncooperative when choosing Flank/Rear/Play-it-by-ear/All-out commands.

There's actually 14 generics that have more than one skill, which sets them apart from the rest of the pool. Faye is just one of them.

Aquarius is a late-game generic that starts with Psionics and Wards, which is a rare combo. And, if you're doing a low BR run, she may be your earliest access to Wards - aside from Rush.

Other favorites include Ynfry (DW Katana, Herbs, Remedies), Hematea (Invocations, Hexes), Atney (Herbs, Explosives), Lukorra (Invocations, Hexes), Yugo (DW Swords, Herbs, Traps) and Reda (Invocations, Evocations, Remedies - Thaumaturge candidate).

And then there's some generics with access to Weapon Arts that cannot be found on uniques...
Acokus/Chivrey - Blade Break; Munia - Hoarfrost; Synope - Stamp; Anios - Nethershield; Gwayth/Regolio - Amphisbaena (if you really wanted to use them...).

The main reason I prefer generics over Uniques is that you do not have to wait to be asked at a specific BR to shift their focus (Combat/Balance/Mystic). They begin in Balance (like Uniques), but will shift when upgrading their weapon based upon actions taken (and if 10 fights have occurred).

User Info: sunzi

sunzi
6 months ago#3
They're pretty much "what you see is what you get", but there are some fun ones to play with. They're also comparable in soft caps, so it's not like they're statistically worse than unique leaders. Some do need a bit of work to use better equipment than their initial lines, and they can be harder or easier to influence towards Combat or Mystic, depending on the unit.

I'd look them up, see which ones look fun, and try them out. Just need to keep in mind the typing for the unique classes, since those do mess with commands. They're also perfect for trying out themed runs. They have their uses, as niche as some of them are.

As for Bugsy's starting stats, it's because his starting level is 36, along with his class giving him STR+5%. Comparable unique leaders at that point would be Emmy (33), Glenys (33), Darien (33), Roberto (33), and Gaou (43).
Now playing: FFXIV, Ys IX (Lunatic)
Hoyt GMX 23", Hoyt 840 32lbs short, VAP 700
  1. Boards
  2. The Last Remnant Remastered
  3. Strongest Generic Generals?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A