• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
9 months ago#1
So I've been reading about this issue and I think I get it, but just to be sure could someone confirm?

The game punishes you with less rewards and exp the better you do in battle?

Does this actually matter? Can it get you stuck?

User Info: sunzi

sunzi
9 months ago#2
"Better" is somewhat subjective. It's a lot less nasty with the multipliers when compared to the X360 version, so it's a fair bit harder to get stuck. It does happen from time to time, but they seem to be extreme cases. It tries to keep a sense of challenge by ranking up enemy strength once you've hit certain thresholds, which is by encounter for bosses and quests, and areas for everything else. Considering the quirk in how BR EXP is calculated, the game does encourage some violation of common sense to make the most of it. And some of us go nuts exploiting how it works.

Sometimes doing well enough can result in high multiplier, which can push up your BR faster. In a way, you're sorta telling the game "this is too easy". But as long as you're getting stats, upgrading arts/skills and equipment along the way, it's not something to worry about too much. Just making sure you have a decent spread of skill sets to work with and building your unions sensibly should be enough. You won't be fighting how the game generates commands that badly. ...Unless you're playing on the X360. Even I'm still a bit "...?" on a lot of it.

There are a few units that only show up when you have a high enough BR, but it really only matters for Leucetius (unique leader, generally not worth it at that point). Other things only happen when BR increases, like influencing how units upgrade their equipment and then potentially expanding their skill sets (unique leaders only). So in a way, you do want it to go up. You don't want to let it go up recklessly. Having a lower BR gives you more wiggle room to experiment.

It's on the easier side when compared to other SaGa games, so wouldn't worry too much about it.
Now playing: FFXIV, Ys IX (Lunatic)
Hoyt GMX 23", Hoyt 840 32lbs short, VAP 700

User Info: DrLight66

DrLight66
9 months ago#3
Other than a few optional boss fights and two mandatory boss fights, The Last Remnant is an easy game no matter your BR imo. You can go through most areas and dungeons and just breeze through every battle.
(message deleted)

User Info: DanGlynnJohnson

DanGlynnJohnson
6 months ago#5
DrLight66 posted...
Other than a few optional boss fights and two mandatory boss fights, The Last Remnant is an easy game no matter your BR imo. You can go through most areas and dungeons and just breeze through every battle.

Now that I'm on the cusp of completion, I gotta agree on this. Over the last few months I've committed to playing TLR fairly seriously (this time around) and have found the BR 'issue' nowhere near as big a factor as I'd been previously lead to believe. And although I'm sure he'll steamroller me when the time comes, I have just (The White Conqueror and) The Conk left before platting this game - and that from someone who normally doesn't ever do the trophy thing / not part of the trophy culture. A whopping ....two plats so far, one (FFXV) acquired pretty much by accident.

The development and/or distribution of Arts seems to be a far bigger factor (among others) than BR. Mine's ridiculously high at the moment, mainly because I got tired of having to 'weight watch', yet I've not really had any issues aside from a couple of minor blips with the DLC bosses / content when using my second string team(s).

There's nothing like a level playing field to ruin a Moderator's day.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A