You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Judgment
  3. Oh geez, they actually used the cheesy substory music in the main story SPOILERS

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
1 week ago#1
When Genda and co. are reminicising about Shintani and the cheesy 'sad' music comes on, for example...

That's a new artistic direction and not one they should try next time!
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, (you) clearly, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying

User Info: Mwulf

Mwulf
1 week ago#2
Honestly they shouldn't have kept that music in the game, at all.
"...Blame this on the misfortune of your birth."
-Char Aznable

User Info: CyricZ

CyricZ
1 week ago#3
Yes, I also found this jarring.

That music is sappy substory "I really learned a lesson today" cheesy schlock. Fits perfectly for the tone of the substories, but using it in the main story to reminisce about a murdered major supporting character is a rare instance of tone deafness for the series.

And this is a series that's incredibly careful about the tone juxtaposition between main story and side content.
CyricZ
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: TrulyEpicLawls

TrulyEpicLawls
1 week ago#4
CyricZ posted...
this is a series that's incredibly careful about the tone juxtaposition between main story and side content.

That's what I found so odd too. It's like the main and substory are different universes and canons.
Argument winners: strawman, calm down, troll/hater, (you) clearly, LOL, don't care, I'm done, actually this is funny, not wasting my time, butthurt, keep trying
  1. Boards
  2. Judgment
  3. Oh geez, they actually used the cheesy substory music in the main story SPOILERS