• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Samurai Shodown
  3. Rumor prior to game's reveal claims that Shiki and Rimururu will be in the game

User Info: Flownaway86

Flownaway86
6 months ago#1
This rumor was posted on September 5, five days before we got the official announcement:

Another details revealed in the information received includes some of the characters that the game will have. The few characters mentioned are Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Rimururu, Charlotte, Ukyo, Genjuro, and Shiki. While most of these are expected, the inclusion of Shiki will be a welcomed addition. Shiki, was a character that made her debut in the Samurai Shodown 64 title, one of the games released on the il fated Neo Geo 64.

Rimururu was more expected but Shiki is a nice surprise if this ends up being true, which it seems like it since the leak also said the game would use Unreal Engine. We will see.

Source: http://kofworld.com/samurai-shodown/rumor-snks-mystery-game-is-samurai-shodown-uses-unreal-engine/

User Info: Beastofprey0079

Beastofprey0079
6 months ago#2
I don't believe in leaks anymore, thanks to Vergeben.

User Info: Flownaway86

Flownaway86
6 months ago#3
Beastofprey0079 posted...
I don't believe in leaks anymore, thanks to Vergeben.

There's been so many right leaked lists these past years: SFxTK, UMvsC3, Dragon Ball FighterZ Season Pass, MKX... and the list go on and on.

I'm pretty confident this one is true. Not that there's a lot leaked though, just 2 not known characters so far.
(message deleted)

User Info: turkforever6

turkforever6
6 months ago#5
If shikis is I can't wait for asura. Having yuga and gandra would be icing on the cake.
PSN: LieutenantDyson (let me know if you wanna add).

User Info: KhaosKruzer

KhaosKruzer
6 months ago#6
They make sense. I know Shiki is popular. Not sure Rimururu, but she seems like she would be.

And we know, for a revival game like this, they're going to include as many of the fan favorites as they can (with a few brand new faces, of course).
"OH NO! Uzbecks have drunk all my battery fluid!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4nk5mSz_2s

User Info: Vergeben

Vergeben
6 months ago#7
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8kbmce/is_there_a_chance_wed_get_new_samurai_shodown_game/dz83ftq/?context=1
I leaked the new Samurai Shodown game 4 months ago and no one ever reported on it. rofl

Every character shown in that artwork was passed along to me prior to the game's showing, but having an SNK source was new to me so I decided to take a wait and see approach because I had no way of guaging whether they were right or wrong and English or German speaking SNK sources are very very hard to come by so you can see why I waited.
Anyways Shiki and Rimururu will also be playable. I don't know the full size of the roster but that does let you know it will not only be the characters in the artwork.

This new Samurai Shodown game has a much bigger budget than KOF14 had and currently the 2 titles taking precedence at SNK are the new Samurai Shodown and KOF15, which is in very early development.
SNK Heroines is essentially side project for SNK. Female Skullomania, Miss X, and World Heroes's Janne D'arc will be DLC characters for that tho.

User Info: iceclimbersFH

iceclimbersFH
6 months ago#8
Does KOF15 have a bigger budget as well/planned to look better? I loved 14, but a lot were turned off by it's sub par visuals.
Wagons

User Info: Graizen

Graizen
6 months ago#9
Vergeben posted...
https://www.reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/8kbmce/is_there_a_chance_wed_get_new_samurai_shodown_game/dz83ftq/?context=1
I leaked the new Samurai Shodown game 4 months ago and no one ever reported on it. rofl

Every character shown in that artwork was passed along to me prior to the game's showing, but having an SNK source was new to me so I decided to take a wait and see approach because I had no way of guaging whether they were right or wrong and English or German speaking SNK sources are very very hard to come by so you can see why I waited.
Anyways Shiki and Rimururu will also be playable. I don't know the full size of the roster but that does let you know it will not only be the characters in the artwork.

This new Samurai Shodown game has a much bigger budget than KOF14 had and currently the 2 titles taking precedence at SNK are the new Samurai Shodown and KOF15, which is in very early development.
SNK Heroines is essentially side project for SNK. Female Skullomania, Miss X, and World Heroes's Janne D'arc will be DLC characters for that tho.

Do you know something from SNK comming to Smash?

User Info: Throwaway390

Throwaway390
6 months ago#10
Graizen posted...
Vergeben posted...

Do you know something from SNK comming to Smash?

That'd be something else. Terry or Kyo in Smash? I'm super down for that.
  1. Boards
  2. Samurai Shodown
  3. Rumor prior to game's reveal claims that Shiki and Rimururu will be in the game
  • Topic Archived