• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  3. Does this run fine in handheld mode?

User Info: DoctorLeroy

DoctorLeroy
2 months ago#1
I want to get a Switch Lite but I heard that not all games can run in handheld mode and therefore are not compatible with the Switch Lite. This is one of the main games I wanted.

User Info: Linklite

Linklite
2 months ago#2
Haven't played it yet, but my understanding is that the interface is through the buttons, analogue sticks and touch screen. This should run fine on the Lite.

On a tangent though, personally, I'd think hard before getting the Switch Lite, the main advantage is battery life but the costs to overcome the shortcomings should you decide you want to play multiplayer or play a game such as SMP, for instance, will wipe out your savings. But it's your money.

Linklite
2 months ago#3
I've played it now, and yeah it runs great on handheld mode. I prefer it to docked due to being able to use the touchscreen; it makes it much easier than using the Joy Cons for everything. Other than not being able to dock and possibly charging (Civ 6 takes far more than one charge to play a game, so if you want to do a long haul session, then I'll have to be charged and I don't know how easy it is to play the Lite while it's charging, the standard Switchvis a pain). There's no need to detach the Joy Cons and docked mode isn't the best way to play it imo, so Lite should be fine.

DoctorLeroy
2 months ago#4
The handheld screen isn't touch?

Linklite
2 months ago#5
It is touch, that's why I prefer handheld.

DoctorLeroy
2 months ago#6
Ah, I misread what you said at first. I thought you said it was only touch screen when docked. Which wouldn't have made much sense. Thank you for your replies.

User Info: theedizzyone

theedizzyone
2 months ago#7
Runs great as others have said. I’ve yet to run into any issues. Load times could be better but what’re you gonna do.
\[T]/
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  3. Does this run fine in handheld mode?
  • Post New Message