• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  3. The patch broke the Apadana

User Info: Heropon_Riki

Heropon_Riki
6 months ago#1
I haven't had a single crash since the update a few days ago, so that's great and all. But the update broke the Apadana wonder and stopped it from providing envoys when it's initially built. I haven't been able to test whether or not it still provides envoys for additional wonders.

I did some searching and it seems like this was an issue introduced in a patch for the PC version in February before they fixed it in an update in March. So it's kind of baffling that it is now appearing in the Switch version since they clearly knew about it and how to fix it.

Firaxis. Guys. I love this game mechanically, but my god you guys have got to get more bug testers.
"Much like the pill bug, I too must continue to move forward."
-Heropon Riki (paraphrased)

Heropon_Riki
6 months ago#2
Ugh. I was going to try deleting the patch data for one turn just to get the apadana to work, and then re-downloading the patch, but it turns out you can't delete update data on the Switch. So I guess I'm stuck with a broken version of the game unless Firaxis fixes this in an update like, 6 months from now...

User Info: InfinityOver0

InfinityOver0
6 months ago#3
I haven't completely given up on the game but it is not nearly as fun as revolution or even civ 2. Getting a domination victory is all but impossible especially since they brought back the military unit maintenance
Science works

Heropon_Riki
6 months ago#4
A little more research: Apparently this bug was introduced in Gathering Storm. So maybe it means they're laying down the framework for the DLC if we're getting the DLC's bugs...?

User Info: Tables

Tables
6 months ago#5
I believe the bug was introduced in the patch that was released alongside the dlc, rather than the dlc itself. But I don't think that is really indicative of much - that patch would have been necessary for cross platform play to work.
Everyone is entitled to my own opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Sid Meier's Civilization VI
  3. The patch broke the Apadana
  • Topic Archived