• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Streets of Rage 4
  3. Axel is the WORST player now!

User Info: NemesisXX

NemesisXX
1 year ago#1
What the heck is up with the new Axel Stone fight set-up? His grand upper is now complete garbage that every character in the game can counter, and EVERY enemy and character in the game has either a dash or a double tab left/right and attack move that can bridge the gap between you and all of the enemies that now can skip across the entire board with a single attack, or can dodge twice the distance of any Axel move available. Literally the only move that axel has to get any distance is his moving special (left/right + Y). But this uses massive amounts of health that is almost always immediately taken by a sucker punch from off screen. And why does “normal” single player feel like hardest mode on any other streets of rage? Initially I loved this game, enjoyed playing with others, but the Axel character is crap, and the difficulty for a single player, namely Axel, is ludicrous. I beat the hardest available settings for all streets of rage games since the first and this one is just stupid. Especially when I can jump to hardest mode with Adam and it doesn’t feel that different from normal with Adam, but Axel can hardly keep up with Normal?! Adams best moves are incorporated into his combo which allows him to recover health list naturally. But Axels best moves are not considered part of his combo and enemies break out of any flinch they get immediately...that’s if they even react to the punch. The boxes can get hammered over and over by everything Axel has to offer and never flinch. Tonight I had every boss (after patch) take hit after hit and never flinch....how crappy is this? Just put a bouncing red ball on the screen for us to punch and get it over with. The whole point of a beat’em up is to watch the guys get beat up, not punch endlessly at a lifeless/flinchless robot....what the heck guys? Did they even play this? Everything in this game is so right.....but these things are SO wrong.....

User Info: TightNinja

TightNinja
1 year ago#2
The developers hinted that Adam was their fav character from the series. I also hate the fact that the Characters can run except for Cherry. You can unlock SOR3 characters but SOR3 Axel is still slow even while running.

I fell like SOR2 Axel is the best character to use at the moment. He can handle any situation in the game like a champ just like in SOR2
1. GOD PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 year ago#3
Honestly, just practice using him. Play Stage Select, set it to Easy, and just test things. When I first started with Blaze I kept getting rocked around. Now I'm working to play Mania.

Each character has strengths and weaknesses. I'm not going to say "git gud" but I would again suggest just practicing. Watch some tutorial videos. He's honestly not as bad as you claim. I'm not a pro at the game but in the short time I have played my skills have greatly improved. Given more time I'm sure Mania will be no sweat. Hope for better luck for you in the future!

User Info: Evil Ryu919

Evil Ryu919
1 year ago#4
Arcade2 posted...
Honestly, just practice using him. Play Stage Select, set it to Easy, and just test things. When I first started with Blaze I kept getting rocked around. Now I'm working to play Mania.

Each character has strengths and weaknesses. I'm not going to say "git gud" but I would again suggest just practicing. Watch some tutorial videos. He's honestly not as bad as you claim. I'm not a pro at the game but in the short time I have played my skills have greatly improved. Given more time I'm sure Mania will be no sweat. Hope for better luck for you in the future!
Well said. Practice and if it's not working out with Axel try a different character. I find that some characters are good at dealing with certain enemies so that could be a reason for your troubles. Some times you gotta get creative too.
"There is no answer in the heart of battle. There is only power." - Evil Ryu

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
8 months ago#5
Axel sucks, unfortunately.
All you gotta do is look up in dat tree.

User Info: Blessranger

Blessranger
8 months ago#6
Landonio posted...
Axel sucks, unfortunately.
True. Ha ha ha ha!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has already owed an Xbox One port because of its inclusion of Banjo & Kazooie.
Plus, I don't play SSBU unless it's on Xbox One!

User Info: runuts27

runuts27
8 months ago#7
There was supposed to be a patch that made Axel better idk what happened to that
I'm interested in this...

User Info: Landonio

Landonio
8 months ago#8
runuts27 posted...
There was supposed to be a patch that made Axel better idk what happened to that
Wait, I thought that already came out. Did Xbox never get this?
All you gotta do is look up in dat tree.

User Info: Sprint3r06

Sprint3r06
8 months ago#9
Landonio posted...
Wait, I thought that already came out. Did Xbox never get this?
The big balance patch isn't out yet
  1. Boards
  2. Streets of Rage 4
  3. Axel is the WORST player now!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A