• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Streets of Rage 4
  3. Why are people worshiping this game?

User Info: Vivi0198

Vivi0198
1 year ago#41
My first time through the game I had game over only twice and both times were against that f*** Max and I played on Normal. TC just needs to stop his whining and learn to play the f***ing game.
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.

User Info: LazarusNecrosis

LazarusNecrosis
11 months ago#42
@TVGR
Some tips to help with the things you and others have mentioned in this thread:

Neutral Special has temporary invincibility, also known as I-Frames. Don't worry about the health cost as you can usually get it back thanks to the opening the move gave you.

Neutral Jump also has a very small amount of I-Frames on the way up. It is very useful against the tall girls that dropkick you and the chonky biker chicks that headbutt you. This is a little harder to use though, as the I-Frame window is pretty small.

Lastly on the topic of I-Frames, the slams after grabbing someone gets I-Frames as well. The punches or knees you can do before slamming them does not, but you can knee a guy a few times then slam him when you see another enemy coming up to get a cheap shot in.

You can hold the jump button after getting knocked down to land on your feet. Sometimes this will even completely negate the damage, for example when the "Signal" enemy types grab you and throw you.

"Donovan" type enemies have special properties to their anti-air uppercut. Just don't jump at them. The I-Frames on a Neutral Jump won't help you with them usually.

Enemies tell you if they have armor or if they're in a counterattack state. Armor flashes white and counter/grab flashes red. As far as shielded enemies go, that's only 1 enemy type (Murphy) and 1 boss. Against Murphy don't finish your full combo. Do all but the last hit, then move up or down to avoid his nightstick. For the boss, check out a boss rush video to see when the best times are to hit him.

If you really want to play this game, just slow down and pay attention to things like enemy placement, AI patterns, and the tells enemies have on their attacks. The first time I played Stage 8 I got steamrolled thanks to the alt/punk girls that throw the grenades and vials. After running it a few times in succession while trying to beat the Mr. X and Shiva retro bonus fight, now I can even catch their grenades and throw them back like they're nothing.

One last thing. Look up the Axel S Rank Boss Rush. Axel has the least mobility of the SoR4 characters and this guy absolutely wrecks all the bosses. It's just about spacing and learning when and how you can go on offense.
XBL GT: LazarusNecrosis
Currently Playing: Elite: Dangerous, For Honor, Anthem, RDR2

User Info: TVGR

TVGR
11 months ago#43
joyce_181502 posted...
I found it's not consistent like most of the other button inputs.

I initially figured because there was no dodge or block, the Y special was to break enemy attacks. But in my experience a lot of times the enemy still hits you, your character falls down, and then the special goes off once they stand back up.

It's the same frustrating thing trying to do a neutral jump attack that's "claimed to have i-frames on the way up" yet a Donovan will do an override and baseball bat you to the ground. Then your character will get up and execute the neutral jump attack.

It's not hard to z-axis wiggle and do spaced X attacks to keep your combo high. But a lot of the characters are so slow now that patience and repeating the same combo is the only way to really play (especially on the higher difficulties) -- to me that makes the game a lot less fun and that still requires the game to work right which a lot of the time it doesn't in both single player and online.

Apparently a different group did the Xbox port so the other platform versions may not have these problems.

This is my problem to a T. The stuff meant to protect me just...didn't. I'd get hit through attacks meant to give some measure of defensive ability. Might just be a port issue. Maybe the PC version really is as great as people say.
If I had a nickel for every time someone got my name right...I'd have a nickel.

User Info: GENERALJA0

GENERALJA0
11 months ago#44
Brawl Brothers was the s***!
^^^ Above statements are my opinions and mine alone...

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
11 months ago#45
PoorRetroGamer posted...
Because its a classic franchise revived with all its glory and gaming today, specially when made for people like you sucks, thats reason enough to glorify it.

I hope Capcom make a Final Fight game too, but they keep the gameplay aspects of the 16 bit era, no anime bulls*** please like they turned SF into total crap

Perhaps a great Turtles game come out too by a competent developer

Last time they made a Final Fight game, no one liked it. I played a lot of it; my brother loved it and played it repeatedly.

In regards to Streets of Rage 4, it's freakin awesome. I'm 39 years old, so I have experience with the Streets of Rage franchise (we're not going to count Fighting Force).
NNID/XBL/PSN: Jim_Berry (2681-5537-3304) / Mr Jim Berry / Jim_Berry
FFXIV: Marlboro - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/

JanayBerry
11 months ago#46
GENERALJA0 posted...
Brawl Brothers was the s***!

To me, it was, especially after playing it's prequel, "Rival Turf".

JanayBerry
11 months ago#47
I generally play how I did Streets of Rage 1 and 2. I combo the enemies but not FINISH the combo. Take SOR1 Axel for example:

I would Punch, Punch, Punch ...... pause my attacks (the enemy will be stunned here), then I Punch, Punch, Punch again... Rinse and Repeat.

User Info: Jin_Oni

Jin_Oni
11 months ago#48
I do wish they toned down with the Super Armor though, especially Max who has perma armor.
Final Fantasy Brave Exvius - Ted ID 426,177,449
Gamertag - Volcannon. Last Cloudia - Az - ID 172779308
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Streets of Rage 4
  3. Why are people worshiping this game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A